RRF to march through Birmingham 25/09/2008

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cow, Sep 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cow

Cow LE

Freedom of the City Parade today

They kept it quiet, I only just heard about this on the radio, shame I'd have gone if I'd have known.

Complaints form
    to complain about their lack of advertising, if I'd have known I'd have attended as I'm sure many more would.
  2. Quiet is'nt the word. I listen to the radio everyday and only know about it because of you :D.
    What time is it happening?
  3. If I can find out when its on, I'll be going. Anyone else?
  4. Cow

Cow LE

Again, I had to search for this on google. The council website had nothing obvious.
  5. Bastige, working at 12.
    Have a good day if anyone is going.
  6. I have just walked through Victoria Square, I saw them setting something up, but nothing to do with the parade was mentioned. This is the first I've heard. Great marketing work done for this!
  7. Typical brum council really.
    Parts of Brum are practically turning into small garrisons yet stil the council dont recognise it. Not surprised though, theres no photo opportunity for them is there.
  8. I'll be turning out my office to cheer them down New Street, looking forward to it.
  9. I just hope they are cheered, rather than booed or jeered by the scum that normally hang around town.
  10. Anyone fancy a pint?

If you tipped up to Chamberlain Square to watch the parade form up and set off, its a short step to the Wetherspoons in Paradise Place (under the central library). Swift half, watch parade get back and march off the colours.

11. I may go and steward it now that you've said that. If I hear anything jack said or shouted, I'll be punching (I'm hungover and angry) - to be fair it would be nice to have a proper reason to jump some of these tits that hang around town.
  12. My lot are all ex army so it'll be interesting if the chavs/jihadi wannabes do gob off.
  13. I would mate, but there are only a couple of us in the office - can't get service leavers jobs if no one's in!

Still gonna try and poke my head around the corner though, get a cheer in or something.
  14. Glad to hear it, would love to come up and help steward it, Im just after an excuse to kill some of them, but alas I have prior commitments.
    Damn you Birmingham shitty council and your lack of marketing. Complaints letter being sent.

Im still surprised how many arrsers live in brum..........
  15. Ah, the beauties of being self employed!