RRF to march through Birmingham 25/09/2008

Freedom of the City Parade today

The parade begins at 11:40am at Victoria Square, proceeding to New Street, Cannon Street, Cherry Street, Temple Row, Temple Row West, Colmore Row, returning to Victoria Square. LINK
They kept it quiet, I only just heard about this on the radio, shame I'd have gone if I'd have known.

Complaints form
to complain about their lack of advertising, if I'd have known I'd have attended as I'm sure many more would.

Details

The parade begins at 11:40am at Victoria Square, proceeding to New Street, Cannon Street, Cherry Street, Temple Row, Temple Row West, Colmore Row, returning to Victoria Square.
Again, I had to search for this on google. The council website had nothing obvious.

I have just walked through Victoria Square, I saw them setting something up, but nothing to do with the parade was mentioned. This is the first I've heard. Great marketing work done for this!

Typical brum council really.
Parts of Brum are practically turning into small garrisons yet stil the council dont recognise it. Not surprised though, theres no photo opportunity for them is there.

Anyone fancy a pint?

If you tipped up to Chamberlain Square to watch the parade form up and set off, its a short step to the Wetherspoons in Paradise Place (under the central library). Swift half, watch parade get back and march off the colours.

Takers?

I may go and steward it now that you've said that. If I hear anything jack said or shouted, I'll be punching (I'm hungover and angry) - to be fair it would be nice to have a proper reason to jump some of these tits that hang around town.

schweik said:
Anyone fancy a pint?

If you tipped up to Chamberlain Square to watch the parade form up and set off, its a short step to the Wetherspoons in Paradise Place (under the central library). Swift half, watch parade get back and march off the colours.

Takers?
I would mate, but there are only a couple of us in the office - can't get service leavers jobs if no one's in!

Still gonna try and poke my head around the corner though, get a cheer in or something.

Glad to hear it, would love to come up and help steward it, Im just after an excuse to kill some of them, but alas I have prior commitments.
Damn you Birmingham shitty council and your lack of marketing. Complaints letter being sent.

Im still surprised how many arrsers live in brum..........

SavageByName said:
me too - you would have thought that we would be intelligent enough to get out of this place!
I quite like it here! Only problem I have is students... W@kers think they can all bring their cars to uni and take all the spaces.

schweik said:
Anyone fancy a pint?

Takers?
Not enough time today sadly but sounds like an Arrse crawl round Brum should be on the cards soon...