Discussion in 'Gunners' started by bdfl1975, Oct 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do i go about becomeing a RP. Can i do it as a gunner or do i need to be a lanc jack and above? Who would i go and speak to or do i have to be asked?

Thanks for any information.
  2. just stick 5 stone on, develop an attitude problem and a penchant for bullshit and the world (guardroom) is your oyster.

This is a wah right?
  3. why?

Is your career over?
  4. No wah

Was thinking of this as i did 5 years on the door before i came in and not a small guy. 1 of that lads i no who is a RP said to me that he thinks ive the look the size and the attitude when needed (due to working the doors) become 1. This is why im asking. And no my career has only just started.
  5. How many WO Is were RPs, it is a dead end job. You make very few friends and as a career move it is limited. After a month staging on booking people in and making sure the restriction do a good job you may change your mind. As to being a big lad you should not be wading into punch ups and you shouldn’t be using your size to command authority. It’s the little bar stewards who get you.
  6. Thanks for the information.
  7. You will require to ahev your brain surgically removed.

Start working on your ability to smoke fags and talk sh*te.....
  8. You will note from my last post that i failed the entrance test for RP staff!
  9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I always remember the words of a crusty old BQMS who took me under his wing.

"Fuggers my lad, if you end up as the RP Sgt, you'll have to accept the fact that you're the worst bloke in the regiment".

"But you've made it to Sgt? Surely that counts for something?"

"All it proves is that you're unsuitable for any job in the regiment that might actually deploy. The Sgt bit merely signifies that it takes a special kind of nugget to be in charge of the RP staff"
  10. There once was a RA Provo Sgt called 'Fry' who, without doubt, was the fattest and most obnoxious cnut in NATO. To help ensure he was even more bitter and even more twisted than any other RP Sgt, in the history of the world, ever.... He was in fact a medically downgraded Lance Jack with local Sgt rank only. A mate of mine, recounting a dit of when he had to work for the cnut, commented on another forum
    Oh, and his persec can go fcuk its self! The wnaker is currently feeding worms, in Germany.