RPG attack on Fermanagh PSNI patrol

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Aug 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Glad the are no fatalities on our side & I hope the officers & innocents involved recover ok.But is it me or would I be right in thinking these attacks are more to remind us that they have'nt gone away & never will unless drastic action is taken?(which now is'nt an option)
    So much for peace eh!

BBC News from Norn Iron....

2. No no no - Tony said there is Peace. So there IS PEACE!!!
  3. scary to think weapons like that are in the UK
  4. Oh, don't worry, mate. Only criminals are allowed to have them.

So that's alright, then.
  5. Remember when some Gren Gdsmen on a morning run found a loaded RPG in the grounds of Windsor Castle?

Knowing the Grens pretty well, I'm suprised one of them didn't try to fire it off for a laugh...! :roll: :roll: :roll:
  6. I have to admit that I have a soft spot for dissident republicans

It's this bog hole in Mayo. We should tie cavity blocks around their necks and feck them in there. Something interesting for archaeologists to dig up in one or two thousand years time.
  7. Why Spoil that - Just string them up from the street lights with signs saying

8. That was the Provo IRA - I think that they've either destroyed their arms or sold them to criminals (and maybe kept a few back for selling to criminals because it's a nice little earner).

However this deal didn't include the Real IRA, the Continuity IRA, the Post-Modern Ironic IRA, the I Can't Believe It's Not the IRA etc

And they have been trying to acquire weapons on their own account;

9. It doesn't matter which flavour of IRA it was - some Ministers in our Government will do nothing to encourage the public - or their own supporters - to turn in the gangsters responsible.

Being a 'republican' means you don't go to jail.

If ever there was a criminal conspiracy in Government, this is it. Thanks, Tony.
  10. According to this our little pal Martin now believes that he's being targeted by the RIRA. Perhaps being a police tout for so many years sends you quite paranoid.
  11. Just in case the IRA didn't catch that, ill repeat it.

McGuinness is a tout. Just thought I'd make that clear.
  12. I was there today working on the follow up. From talking to the various agencies on the ground the folks involved are very very lucky. According to various politicians and senior officers in my organisation, these people are small in number, badly organised and ill equipped to mount any sustained campaign of violence. Really? Simply off the top of my head, "reported" incidents in the last year alone:
    Officer shot and wounded in L/Derry, Officer shot and wounded in Dungannon, Officer shot and wounded in Carrickfergus, Craigavon station mortared, several arrested while in the middle of planting and arming a horizontal mortar in Lurgan, Blast bomb thrown into Lurgan station yard, Officer injured from UVIED just outside Castlederg, two officers wounded in landmine attack in Rosslea. That's not counting any of the numerous incidents of paramilitary orchestrated civil disorder, dozens of arrests for terrorist offences, weapons recovered during searches, reports of shots fired or explosions heard. All in the last twelve months, all in the United Kingdom. They haven't gone away you know. Despite what those in government would like us to believe.
  13. Well, we have the representatives we deserve, for our incapacity to solve a small social, political and military problem without terminal compromise. It may be 'peace', but it's peace without justice, and with cockroaches as Ministers.

14. Bump...