Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by MilitaryTattoo, Oct 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The website is part of a project to keep alive the traditions of the Royal Tournament which was the first, oldest and biggest Military Tattoo in the World until its demise in 1999.

We are now conducting an independent survey to gauge the opinions of the general public on the Royal Tournament. The results of the survey will be published on the website later this year.

We will also forward the results to the authors of the MOD Report of the Inquiry into: National Recognition of our Armed Forces (Published May 2008).

Please help us to promote the survey by forwarding the link to your friends, family, colleagues and anyone else that remembers the Royal Tournament.

Follow the link to take the survey: Survey
  2. completed

3. Nice. I had the privilege of attending the last ever one as a wee nipper. I can definitely say it influenced my decision to join up, and it's so sad it isn't around to entertain and inspire future generations, and keep the older ones in touch!
  4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Done and bumped. I took my lad to the last one when he was ten. He still talks about it.

The best one was c1985 when my sister-in-law and I got lost and got an interesting view into one of the changing rooms. ;-)
  5. Survey done

I worked on the royal tournament whilst serving and took my son there for many years.
    It was a sad day when it ended, lets hope one day this great event can be re-established.

6. Applaud your aims but I'm afraid to say that the results of a survey like this aren't going to influence anyone. Self build surveys like this are cheap and OK for a bit of fun but have absolutely no statistical validity.
  7. I always saw the RT as the Armed Services opportunity to "show the Country and taxpayer" what we are all about. For many who participated it was a career highlight - truly memorable with the greatest p*ss up on earth at the end!!!
  8. I'll try anything if it helps.
  9. survey completed, i'll support any exercise in KAPE
  10. Survey done !
  11. Completed and maybe one day i will be able to take my son to see it. Bring it back
  12. Completed

Never did go, but enjoyed watching it on the tele.
  13. Thanks for your support! We've had a pretty good response so far. We hope this will continue.

14. Thanks to everyone that has completed the survey so far, we've had 800 responses. We'd like to get closer to 1,000 before we close the survey and write up the results.

If you haven't had a chance to take the survey yet, please follow this link. If you have taken the survey, please pass on the link to your friends and family.

We will post the results of the survey on the website later this year.