Royal Yeomenary or London Scots

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by skrm, Mar 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm doing UOTC (apologies) and looking to do a few extra weekends of something a little more serious by TASOing with a TA unit. Any immediate thoughts about one or the other?
  2. What Uni?..are you in Halls?...what do you do in the OTC .i.e Inf, Guns, RE?.....Transport links to the TA unit?

Heard of Summer Challenge?

Have you spoken to your PSI? OTC headsheds?
  3. London Scots, in my experiene the Yeomanary is full of Mongs! Wait for it..........
  4. You can do alot worse than the HAC. The few I've met have been good eggs.

They also know how to organise a good piss up at Armoury house.
  5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Extract your head from your arse and do some decent research rather than asking on here; you're meant to be a potential officer.

Firstly of the two (sub)units that you've named, one is INF and the other Formation recce; ie completely different.

Decide what you want to do then have a chat with the attached cap badges in house, and arrange to visit the relevant units.

FYI; yes I was ULOTC and yes I sorted attachments off my own back.
  6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

The choice is essentially between Armour and Infantry. Which role do you prefer? If you're not too fussed about the role, visit both units and see which bunch of blokes you'd prefer hanging out with every Tuesday night.

I am compelled at this point to make the obligatory appeal for you to 'Raise Your Sights', "Do More, Be More ...' and join the Rifles, but a sneaky suspicion informs me that you've probably already narrowed down to the RY & Plastic Jocks for a reason.
  7. Gremlin. Thank you I know they are very different. At everyone else UOTC don't do TASO with HAC, would love to but can't.
    Back to happy chappy Gremlin, That's my point: if I'm doing (watered down) infantry weekends already do you think doing a few more serious infantry weekends might make sense
    or should I try out recce just to get a wider experience of the army. Am leaning towards the latter just wanted to know if there was anything famously good/bad about either
  8. London Scottish would give you in roads to Household Division. Which could certianly broaden your scope.
  9. Artists' Rifles are quite serious as well.

Go and have a chat.
  10. So are you going to answer any of these Qs or have you already learned how to avoid things that are too difficult, as part of your OTC training?
  11. Nice crowd today. sorry for not feeling the need to share too much personal details on here chump. ULOTC, infantry role, as I mentioned earlier. I have spoken to people up and down the chain. Everyone has an opinion and I was looking for a few more. And what difference does it make being in halls? Im not btw
  12. love it... I'll ask them about the indoor mortar range while Im at it