Royal Wooton Bassett

#1
Hi guys, new to this so bear with me. Spent a lot of time lately watching the homecomings and seen a lot of people wanting to honour these tremendous people. Does renaming it Royal sound ok, if so how do we go about it, should we just do it? (am I talking cr@p?). Thoughts please.
 
#2
I'll leave the obvious for others to do :D
 
#4
take cover!
 
#6
sounds like a wonderful idea pal although geting it past talking stage will prove difficult, i think some of the wonderful trtibutes on here also need justice doing to them too perhaps by way of publication or being put into a memoral thread of there own
 
#9
Doesn't the big chief up at Buck House bestow 'royalness'?? Ask her maj, she's a good egg!!


Actually how DOES a town get a Royal prefix??? :?
 
#11
Ermm, wah hat on, but haven't the people of Wootton Bassett said that they would rather not have any form of recognition?

Wah hat off.
 
#12
Tango said:
Ermm, wah hat on, but haven't the people of Wootton Bassett said that they would rather not have any form of recognition?

Wah hat off.
they have indeed but i think that mandlebum and his glove puppet should foist it upon them by forcing the Bosses hand. Just to see how low they will stoop for votes :twisted:

Alternate. the Boss could invite the whole of WB for tea on the back lawn, its big enough :D
 
#13
albuhera57 said:
Hi guys, new to this so bear with me. Spent a lot of time lately watching the homecomings and seen a lot of people wanting to honour these tremendous people. Does renaming it Royal sound ok, if so how do we go about it, should we just do it? (am I talking cr@p?). Thoughts please.
What the place needs is a Bypass, some days the place is at a stand still 8O
 
#14
right-grumpy said:
albuhera57 said:
Hi guys, new to this so bear with me. Spent a lot of time lately watching the homecomings and seen a lot of people wanting to honour these tremendous people. Does renaming it Royal sound ok, if so how do we go about it, should we just do it? (am I talking cr@p?). Thoughts please.
What the place needs is a Bypass, some days the place is at a stand still 8O

just checked its CA not Naafi :) close.
 
#15
BiscuitsAB said:
right-grumpy said:
albuhera57 said:
Hi guys, new to this so bear with me. Spent a lot of time lately watching the homecomings and seen a lot of people wanting to honour these tremendous people. Does renaming it Royal sound ok, if so how do we go about it, should we just do it? (am I talking cr@p?). Thoughts please.
What the place needs is a Bypass, some days the place is at a stand still 8O

just checked its CA not Naafi :) close.


So it is............ sorry :salut:
 
#16
If we gave every village, town or city the title 'Royal' every time it does something that appeases the masses then there would be hundreds if not thousands of places with the prefix Royal. Wooton Bassett has become a gathering for people from all over the country to pay respects to our fallen. Many other villages also do it en route but Wooton Bassett has obviously a long straight road and quite a few pubs along it.
 
#19
Gungythree said:
albuhera57 said:
Thanks for shooting me down in flames, it was just a thought FFS
If you had done a search,you would have found that this subject has allready been covered
At least twice, glad to have been of service.
 
#20
albuhera57 said:
Thanks for shooting me down in flames, it was just a thought FFS
Stop throwing your teddy in the corner and man the fuck up. If I wanted to shoot you down in flames I'd have not written a reasoned reply, which I did. What did you want me to put? That I think it's a brilliant idea and you deserve an MBE?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The Intelligence Cell 3
F The Intelligence Cell 2
B The Intelligence Cell 137

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads