Royal Wedding Footman

OK, I am not an expert in pomp and ceromony, but I am sure there was something wrong with some of the footmans dress today. Most notably the footman in the carriage behind Prince William, the gold braid on his uniform looked like he'd taken it to the wrong dry cleaners, or he had washed it in with his darks, it was clearly dull compared to the bright shiny uniform of his colleague next to him.

Any comments.

in keeping with almost every other royal wedding thread today

kate & pippa in the bedroom with the doubleender

Probably just an older jacket, handed down over the years, so has lost some of its lustre.

in keeping with almost every other royal wedding thread today

kate & pippa in the bedroom with the doubleender
Don't do that every time someone mentions Pippa I have to crack one out.

My knob looks like Rudolph the reindeers ******* nose after a heavy binging session.

OK, I am not an expert in pomp and ceromony, but I am sure there was something wrong with some of the footmans dress today. Most notably the footman in the carriage behind Prince William, the gold braid on his uniform looked like he'd taken it to the wrong dry cleaners, or he had washed it in with his darks, it was clearly dull compared to the bright shiny uniform of his colleague next to him.

Any comments.
Probably "Close Protection Officer" in disguise!

Eh, I had my eyes on both those footmen.

I couldn't see any fancy schmancy 'ear piece' or black bars across the eyes but I am convinced that both those guys were members of 'Them' just playing a part. Albeit rather shoddily.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
gold braid! what about harry's? last time I saw something like that it was holding back the curtains at the royal opera house in scarborough!

I thought the guy with the shiny uniform had a defiant crease as though he was carrying a firearm plus his eyes where swinging from side to side, faster than my eagle eyed action man. The chap sitting next to him with the glasses looked a bored as hell, although I had to laugh when they arrived at Buckingham Palace and instead of pulling the train on her dress out so it would flow as she walked off. He just gathered it all up and dumped it right behind her.

I'd agree that one of the Footmen was a 'Close Protection Officer' and yes the other looked like the Pie muncher.

As for Harry's Blues, a Red stripe the width of the Channel and yes Gold something or other from the Opera House, or a Bazillion Admiral.

john

Cant say I noticed much about the footmen etc.

I did see The Navy displaying a standard of drill akin to a billy smart circus parade.

I did also notice the line of met officers standing back from the line of bobbies facing the crowd carrying MP5,s Overtly. Is this a first for a route to be lined like that on a state occasion ?

It makes sense doesn't it?

Open carriage through streaming crowds...you'd need a couple of blokes to keep an eye out for them. And dive in front of the bullet of course ;)

Their gear looks bulky. Chest armour? Pistols? Am I just being a conspiracy nut?

Better to dress such blokes up like that rather than just have two dark suits sitting there.

I did also notice the line of met officers standing back from the line of bobbies facing the crowd carrying MP5,s Overtly. Is this a first for a route to be lined like that on a state occasion ?
I wouldn't swear 100% but I think the last visit by POUTS had very overt armed protection in the form of CO6/CO19 officer carrying mp5s

Both with fashionably open frock coats to allow instant access to their Glocks

Any comments.
At the risk of derailing the thread in the interests of accuracy, they're not Footmen - they're Postillions. Footmen would be back at the Palace serving the drinks.