Royal Warrant

Discussion in 'Reports & Promotion' started by dirtmonkey, Feb 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Not sure if this post is in the correct forum:

I left the Army in Sept 2012, i held the Rank of WO2 for just over 6 months and was sub rank. Can anyone advise me if:

1. I qualify for a royal warrant?

2. If i do , who sends it to me/ how do i apply for it?

I have requested this from my desk officer at mcm div in Glasgow at the time i was leaving, any advice would be appreciated.

2. Did you complete WO2 CLM?
  3. Surely as a substantive WO2 the answer is you qualify. Acting or Local rank probably doesnt
    well that's my logic but I have no idea really
  4. Yes,

Completed and confirmed at Glasgow as sub rank

5. IIRC you qualify as soon as you get your sub rank. There is a form that goes to APC, am actually in work but Intranet is down, i think anyone can complete it?
  6. Your unit should have applied for it automatically when you completed your CLM. It's not down to the individual. Mine took over 3 years to arrive and only after a reminder to the chief clerk and the RSM. A photocopied piece of garbage duly arrived and is currently rotting in a box in the garage. Try contacting your old desk officer at Glasgow or because you've only been gone a couple of months, your old unit's chief clerk.
  7. As BS says it really isn't worth the crap paper it's written on anymore. Long gone are the days of parchment and a proper signature. Mine took 4 years and plenty of chasing and now resides amongst the rubbish in my loft still in the cardboard roll it arrived in.

Don't waste your time.
  8. gents,

Thanks for the info, I finished my time attached to A block, I reckon the RSM there might be a tad busy so i'll give my desk officer a bell again on monday, cheers for the info

9. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

I was lucky to have a badge who was on the ball. 4 months it took from Sub rank to receipt. And there are companies out there that'll do it all proper for you, wax seal etc. Good luck with it