Royal Waltness

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Rocketeer, Nov 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. was out to a dinner.. met a nice enough fellow who didn't seem to be much of a muchness, runs his own business, etc .etc....however, he was introduced as
    Baron of Gilsland, Lord of Walby

googled Baron Gilsland.. seems the title went dormant after the death of ' previous titleholder ' back in 1400 something and estate was split between relatives.. doesn't seem to be his family, though..as for Walby title.. couldn't find it in Debrett's..

I'm supposing he picked it up at the local LoF tuck shop...

Isn't the Queen supposed to keep track of titles gone dormant? Are there any others up for grabs for a buck or two?? Could use something to spruce up my business card.. right now it just says Charleton and Montebank

2. Bloody Normans! What did the French ever do for us?

3. I'm sure if you -ahem- donate to the labour party you may -cough- get a title :D

4. Fill your boots.

Titles.

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I quite fancy the title of Sir Biped of Rhoyds and Hemmer.

6. What a great business idea - I wish I'd thought of that one - so many gullible yanks, so little time. It would beat working for a living anyway.

7. Grand idea. I wonder if I can get to be Lord of Brown Willy here in Cornwall, can just imagine answering the phone at work.

"MPGS, Lord Corporal Buggrit of Brown willy speaking!" :lol:

Outstanding 8)

8. It's Corporal Lord Buggrit of Brown Willy . You've got to get it right or you'll be spotted as a Walt. :D

9. Ah thank you old bean what what!

10. One of my chaps at a previous unit bought a lordship from one of these places, his intention was to be referred to as Senior Aircraftsman the Lord Smoggins.

He was jailed 4 months later for n0bbing a 15 year old - bloody aristocrats!

11. This post from ham-shank, on this topic, has always amused me:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=871870.html#871870

12. I actually think its a brilliant idea mock the lordships
    sir hippy of asboland :twisted:

13. Amused you? I have just fallen over laughing and now the Mem. has hit the roof because she doesn't like me being too happy :lol:

14. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I've got first dibs on Lord Elpus and Lord Luvaduck.

15. Classic, isn't it?