Royal Tournament

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by scorched_earth, Apr 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently bought a DVD on The Royal Tournament and realised how much of a crying shame it is we dont do it anymore. Why did we lose it? Probably money yes, but why the hell cant it be funded by the national lottery fund? Oh thats right because theyre too busy giving money to Man U , because its like they need it. Surely the Government could fund it? No because they are too busy spending money on ridiculously childish party political broadcasts involving reptiles! ( Rant rant rant.....)

Just to add, was anyone here ever involved with the Tournament? I personally wasnt but wouldnt mind hearing views and experiences/stories etc..........

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The Gun Run at HMS Collingwood is just that a 'run'.

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

In Belfast they spent something like £60K on a large ceramic fish yet refused to give money to a home for ex-servicemen in the U.K beacuse it was'nt a viable cause. You have to be a far left wing multi-racial lesbian feminist vegitarian artist to stand a chance with the lottery!!

4. The current petition to reinstate the Royal Tournament closes on Tuesday 10th March 2009. Please do your bit and sign the petition, click here for the Number 10 website

As at 15:00 03:03:2009, 2,070 people have signed the petition, let’s give it one final push – please tell your friends.

Also, if you have a chance, please go to the RoyalTournament.org website and join the mailing list to show your support. There is loads of information about the Tournament on the website including videos.

There is also a FaceBook Group.

Thanks for your help

MT

5. Petition Signed!

6. It was a d@mn shame they cancelled it, I used to love watching it when I were a lad!

7. Petition signed

8. Signed, top notch entertainment-no-one else can do the Gun Run like the Fish Heads thats for sure, mind you, who'd want to! :roll:

9. I was working there 1989 when i was a Junior Leader. We were the arena party and i can honestly say, it was one of the best times i had while serving. It was especially good watching Anthea Turner get blown up from the back of a bedford, and chuckling at the aftermath. Stuck up b1tch she was.

10. signed a sad loss we need it back

11. Is this a euphamism?

I'm seriously fantasizing now.

12. Signed

13. :D

She was there with Jenny Powell for some Saturday morning kids show. Jenny Powell was really nice and chatted to everyone whereas Turner was a right cow, bossing people around and being quite nasty. When she got blown up, she cried "My face, my face. It's my career" or some shoite like that, much to the amusement of us present. It's probably on You Tube, i've never bothered to look.

14. Definately a good few weeks on the pop! Had a great time espcially in the bar where it was Army + Navy and Softshites Corner for the Crabs.