royal signals

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by imagelost, Aug 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. a friend of mine is joing the royal signals, thay have done the paper work(in may2009 i think). is there a recruiting cap going on or is it normally this slow.

2. Its only 3 months since he applied.

I suggest 'your friend' goes to the CIO he is elisting at and asks the friendly recruiting Sgt.

3. I suggest he goes to the RAF

4. tell him he can have my place i just left :D

5. Signals is it? Is he insane? Good luck to the bloke.

6. Why? What's wrong with the signals ?

7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Mad as a box of frogs, stand infront of that 501 station you'll be fine they said. OOh yes absolutely fine!

8. Not to mention all that white noise, insecant bleeping, dit dahing and general radio static type melarky, all those flashing lights blah blah blah :D
    They don't issue these nervous twitches, you have to earn them!

9. Certa Cito......quicker by post!

10. Interesting! jack-daniels are you indicating that the Signals are no longer swift nor sure?

Does anyone know if there are still spaces left in the Signals? I was told a few months ago that there were a number of spots for the Operator and Engineer roles - is this still the case?

11. Took me five months from the very first time i went into the ACIO to i went to basic. Keep your patience

12. My problem is with an exam board, although I have A-levels these do not mean anything without my GCSE's, of which I have lost the certificates for. I could sign up for the Operator role at the moment but I was hoping to wait for the 'COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS ENGINEER'.

How are you getting on? Worth the wait?

13. Well... it was, just got to have patience. Army has a huge influx of people joining because of this "credit crunch" so things as you would imagine are slow due to the amount of people applying causing big waiting times at ATR's

14. Certa Citrus........Swift & Jiffed.

To answer your question, the signals has the best and the worst of the Army in it and some real fecking head the balls to boot. Join it and see. You'll not regret it. :D

15. kookoo I passed ADSC a few weeks back with a high B and have a start date for November. I think there are a few places left, if not you only have to wait until jan/feb.

just to add I'm going CS Eng route