Royal Signals Techs, worth the pay or not?

Techs, worth the wages?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Everybody hates them for thier quick promotion, high pay band etc, but what do you really think. Now is the chance to really let rip into them, or conversely give them the praise they deserve!

That will be the same pay band as practically every other trade in the Corps now.

Can I also say this is getting really boring can we please make this the final Techs versus the rest of the Corp thread and move on.

Thank you!

shell_scrape said:
Everybody hates them for thier quick promotion, high pay band etc, but what do you really think. Now is the chance to really let rip into them, or conversely give them the praise they deserve!
He never writes. He never phones. Not even a fcuking text!!!!

bovvyblonde said:
shell_scrape said:
He don't love you like I would Honeychild........ 8)

Jimima_Shark said:
That will be the same pay band as practically every other trade in the Corps now.

Can I also say this is getting really boring can we please make this the final Techs versus the rest of the Corp thread and move on.

Thank you!
Well who's the fücking serious one. Sorry for miss understanding ARRSE for 'Serious moral and religious fücking mothers debating fücking group' so i guess you are a tech then.

Boring thread.

Done to death on a number of occaisons.

Pay and promotion both mute points now. So only be jealousy is left now.

Anyway.

Jimima_Shark what is that in your avatar? Is there a bigger picture of that anywhere?

Cheers.

CheekieNorthernMonkie said:
bovvyblonde said:
shell_scrape said:
I think she? needs a real man, comes home stinking of ale and urine, does the fosbury flop into bed and performs like a race horse on speed!!

shell_scrape said:
bovvyblonde said:
shell_scrape said:
I think she? needs a real man, comes home stinking of ale and urine, does the fosbury flop into bed and performs like a race horse on speed!!
Belt fed wombat springs to mind :wink:

shell_scrape said:
Jimima_Shark said:

Thank you!
Well who's the fücking serious one. Sorry for miss understanding ARRSE for 'Serious moral and religious fücking mothers debating fücking group' so i guess you are a tech then.

Sorry but ARRSE ≠ SMaRFMDFG!

And yes I am a Tech thank you for asking!

chocolate_frog said:
Boring thread.

Done to death on a number of occaisons.

Pay and promotion both mute points now. So only be jealousy is left now.

Anyway.

Jimima_Shark what is that in your avatar? Is there a bigger picture of that anywhere?

Cheers.
It's a painting by Salvador Dali I can't find a link to it at the moment but when I do I pass it on.

Well obviously i am not and therefore am exempt the niceties of the English languge, like being able to make gay abbrieviations, sorry for my inadaquacies(or however you spell that)

shell_scrape said:
bovvyblonde said:
shell_scrape said:
Belt fed wombat springs to mind :wink:
Well yeah. :oops: But now he's back in BFG an' he don't write, don't eMail, don't phone, don't text. Fcuking Sigs Techs!! :cry:

roadster280 said:
bovvyblonde said:
Fcuking Sigs Techs!! :cry:
Seems you aren't fcuking that particular Sigs tech if he doesnt write, call or text.

As for the idea of the thread, what a pile of horse$hit.
Well you cant please everyone, cünt.

What was a self respecting Sigs Tech doing in Bovvy? (I mean the town).

shell_scrape said:
:) My bold. Why just techs? Why not YofS, Spec Ops, Officers?

Do you think that linemen who are not strong enough to static steer a Bedford ERV are worthy of their linebelts? No, I didn't think so, but I've been called away from a job more than once to move a Bedford for a liney trying to reconfigure the diamond. And do you know what? To date, I haven't started a thread about "Lineys - Shæt aren't they?" This is due to the fact that we ( the techs and the lineys ) worked together. Now I accept that this is more common in smaller units, and by the sound of your posts you have spent your ( short ) career in a Regimental line bay. When you've worked with some techs that aren't wånkers, then you'll know what I'm on about. And yes, I've worked with some "old school" lineys, and I got on with them too. 8)

Im a Liney and not particular happy about their quick promotion or high pay because they don't do anything. On camp during work they sit round and do sweet F.A. On exercise if a piece of equipment is faulty, they take a quick look at it, say its fcuked and send it of to the REME. Fair enough they spend some time on course in Blandford learning but that doesnt deserve a stripe. I think its fcuking ridiculous that a tech sprog with the number of 2520!!!! trying to sprog down a fcuking good siggy liney with a number of 2508. Leave them work for it...Im sorry but it really fcuking bugs the shit out of me. Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of techs and some of them are pretty descent. I just don't like the system. Biscuits can you static steer a bedford ERV on yourself? On Grass, Gravel or Metal Road?

Royal Signals Techs, worth the pay or not?

Or should the title read Level 1 Maintainer, Level 2 Maintainer or Level 3 Maintainer worth the pay or not?

Bowman in certain units will bring and end to the Tech era as we all know it now.

When a Bowman set goes down in the 1st Foot and Mouth Regt, who will fix the set? Pte Cannon Fodder who has done his Bowman Maintainer course thats who. In the Corps that job will not go soley to Tech either.

Techs slowly going out of the window me thinks. Lineys too for that matter.

Techs will still be needed for various tasks other than maintaining at whatever level.

Don't kid yourself that the tech trade will disappear, evolve yes, disappear, no.

As for techs doing nothing, I seem to recall grafting my nuts off, whilst Lineys sit about drink brews and do the odd driving detail. So the bringing up the point of techs not working whilst lineys do means what?

I'd hardly say that the site was dominated by techs. Even Lineys seem to be able to mash the keyboard in a manner that makes readable posts (whether that is with the aid of two beer mats, a pint glass and some poo is known only to their spouses). :D

Whilst all this inter trade banter is amusing, and sometimes tedious, the top and bottom of it is that all trades in the Corps are needed for some role or other. At the moment the Corps is going through a period of it's life where, like a caterpiller, it will go through a cocoon of uncertainty and emerge a totally different critter, and not neccesarily with wings.

Trades will change, and some will die like the Data Bop. But the Corps will move forward in to the Bowman/Falcon/Cormerant era with new and, hopefully, improved tradesmen with ever more technical skills and abilities.

For example this new fangled Op thingy, whatever it is called.

Will the EDs get 16th Edn and fridge tech training?

Will Mechs finally accept the fact they are InsTechs and that sodomy, incest and beastility is wrong?

Will Lineys ever do line again?

But through it all, the Tech (or SysEngTech) will be in his workshop like a never dimming beacon of equipment husbandry and knowledge. With the skills to keep you in touch with the world. An anchor in the stormy seas of the Comms/IT world with which to tie your det to.