Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal signals Stable belts

I had a SSM in 22 Sigs who had two covers for his pace stick. One was in the corps colors for marching about camp , the other was cammo for exercises.

Must have been a game changer as he retired as a Lt Col.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I had a SSM in 22 Sigs who had two covers for his pace stick. One was in the corps colors for marching about camp , the other was cammo for exercises.

Must have been a game changer as he retired as a Lt Col.
LtCol Walloper

I loved my Corps stable belt, especially the adjustable feature in my latter years of service! :smile:

Biffta112

Old-Salt
It was worn on completion of trade training (early 2000 for me), when you could finally ditch the honking coloured tabs. I remember it actually feeling like an achievement to finally start wearing it (for about 5 minutes).

Last edited:
As has been said, depends entirely on the unit CO/RSM.

I served at units where it was worn, and units where it was the green thing / 58 Pattern if you were a SNCO. And don't get started on sleeves up/down - un-tucked/tucked in malarkey, that's an entirely different can of worms!

I will say though, I was at one particular Regiment where un-tucked was in fashion, and one of the SSMs loved nothing more than gripping the lads for not having their stable belt on underneath their un-tucked shirt. Yes he was a bit of a knob!

Wait and see!

As has been said, depends entirely on the unit CO/RSM.

I served at units where it was worn, and units where it was the green thing / 58 Pattern if you were a SNCO. And don't get started on sleeves up/down - un-tucked/tucked in malarkey, that's an entirely different can of worms!

I will say though, I was at one particular Regiment where un-tucked was in fashion, and one of the SSMs loved nothing more than gripping the lads for not having their stable belt on underneath their un-tucked shirt. Yes he was a bit of a knob!

Wait and see!

This SSM then - he was quite literally a shirt-lifter? :)

Latest Threads