Royal Signals Radio operator phase 2 course

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by patriotgames, Mar 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reading the below link i have found out that my phase 2 training is nine days long, however i would like to know where it is held and what it entails, what kind of stuff will i be doing, will i be trained simply on a personal radio working with an officer calling in airstrikes stuff like that? anyother info with regards to what to expect being a signaller would be appreciated.

2. 'get a life' springs to mind.....

Airstrikes????'ll be lucky to hear anyone else at the other end!!!

In my humble opinion (not THAT humble), you should take it one step at a'll be expecting to mobilise next!

Scaleys need to manage expectations and yours are potenbtially excessive.

3. Gee thanks for that totally useless info, i have no idea what a signaller does, thats why i asked the question, to get an intellegent response as to what i WILL be doing, not a "You are a tit", try answering the question nugget, on the other hand dont bother i can tell i am going to get sense out of you.

Extremely disapointed with arrse, all i seem to get is sarky comments rather than solid advise.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Excessive expectations? what you mean joining the army to fight an enemy and potentially call in an airstrike on them? na like thats totally unlikely, what is it the army do nowerdays apart from fight, gimme a break thats what the army is there for.

Oh and i love the way that you think i meant calling in airstrikes on the course, i meant learning how to do it, as in how to use a radio, procedures and the like, dummies.
  4. [​IMG]
  5. i've been told that the course runs over a few weekends and then finishes with a 9 day course, this is the trade that i want as well, just enjoy it and goodluck to you.
  6. Yeah man i already knew that, but was looking for a little bit more background on the course/ job, unfortunatly you get dipshits like the previous two who will probably be in charge, it just makes me want to give the whole thing a miss and use my time elsewhere if this is all i m going to encounter.

No wonder so many people have left the TA.
  7. [​IMG]

Why so serious pal?

If you cant roll with the big boys I hear the OTC/ACF are looking for serious ninjas. 8O

Wind your neck in you gob shite and lighten up. :D
  8. Why so ignorant?

I come on here trying to get serious advise about joining up and all i get is gobshites like you.

Whats up you can give it but not take it back, at least you helped me one way, i know now to keep the fuck away from the TA.
  9. You will be missed sunshine. 8)
  10. Oh that hurt, faggot. :oops:

Anything else retarded to say?

11. As I sit here with my pint of vimto and the biggest grin on my face you could imagine, I really couldn't add anything more to the wonderful things you are saying.

You come across as a real charming level headed gent :D

Please, impress me more with that filthy mouth you kiss your mother with.
  12. Should I carry some tampax with me then or is that a threat of physical violence? :?
  13. You seem like a complete asshole, to be honest no wonder you are on £32 a day to risk your life whatever made me think i should join.
  14. You what? :? £32 a day? I'll have to speak to my sergeant about that, those JPA swines had me thinking I was never getting paid.

Thanks for the info! Your a real star kid, with a go get 'em attitude like that you will go far in life.

15. What you earn in a day i make in an hour tit, i have 3 degree's a batchelors and 2 masters degrees, belive me i m going further than you are, with one exception (Afghanistan), have a lovely trip.

Its all the same army after all.