Royal Signals Précis, where can I get new ones?

Hi all,

I have to give lessons on various RS tech stuff. Cut a long story short I need to remind and revise, as I’ve been out of ph2 and in Regt for 4 years and not touched up on any of this sh!t since blanny. Where can I find précis online? Or if anyone has any good links to Antenna Propagation lessons that apply, I’d be very grateful.

Cheers

Hi all,

I have to give lessons on various RS tech stuff. Cut a long story short I need to remind and revise, as I’ve been out of ph2 and in Regt for 4 years and not touched up on any of this sh!t since blanny. Where can I find précis online? Or if anyone has any good links to Antenna Propagation lessons that apply, I’d be very grateful.

Cheers

Jesus, are they still using “précis”?

20 years ago I’d have been exactly the guy you needed to speak to. I taught A&P to class 3 and 1 upgrading tech courses.

Still am the guy if you need help understanding the theory, but I can’t help with lessons, nor how it relates to in-service equipment; mine is all in the museum.

Revolutionary as it sounds, I’d start with your own Trg Wg, or Blandford itself for pre-made lessons and précis.

Hi all,

Cheers
Lessons on what and what trade were/are you?

20 years ago I’d have been exactly the guy you needed to speak to. I taught A&P to class 3 and 1 upgrading tech courses.

Still am the guy if you need help understanding the theory, but I can’t help with lessons, nor how it relates to in-service equipment; mine is all in the museum.

Revolutionary as it sounds, I’d start with your own Trg Wg, or Blandford itself for pre-made lessons and précis.

Yeah. Still using them, I’m at 21 Sig Regt and we’re still using the old bulldogs lol. The army like to save money don’t they. If you have anything on Ant Prop I’d love to hear it!

Lessons on what and what trade were/are you?

Lessons on antenna propagation would be class, and I was a Comms Systems Engineer -> Information Services Engineer.

Yeah. Still using them, I’m at 21 Sig Regt and we’re still using the old bulldogs lol. The army like to save money don’t they. If you have anything on Ant Prop I’d love to hear it!

Lessons on antenna propagation would be class, and I was a Comms Systems Engineer -> Information Services Engineer.
Personally, I'd get them to do their own research and test them on it. Either make them do their own presentations, write tests for each other etc. I'd also get them to plan and deliver a confirmatory exercise (sounds a bit FofS Cse) to prove whatever they've learnt. The pamphlets were ok, but it's 2022.

JAD

LE

Its only when you read that back that we start to feel senior in years and slightly out of the loop eh @Roadster280. However, its good to see certain 'good bedtime reading material' such as precis are still alive and strong. I loved being a trade trainer bod but as a former boots and haircuts and one time training wing punter, I did have to check spell 'precis' several times and use my invisible crayola to correct the screen.

I often wondered why us organic sandbags were challenged with such posh sounding and hard to spell names for Corps and Army wide colouring books and magazines.
Pamphlet, Provost and Aide Memoire being other such cryptic sounding words that had me scratching my wooden top head, whilst writing over my ruler in CAPITALS when producing live firing or range documents, exercise instructions and the like. Oh, and just to make a former YofS, who was our unit training officer (an absolutely top Guy btw) giggle, I would, for effect, hang my tongue out, dribble, slack jawed whilst writing in my best chinagraph pencil. Happy Days. Certa Cito.

Last edited: