Royal signals dress regulations

Hi I’m after some advice , I am an ex serving sergeant major in the RLC. I finished my 24 years service last year and I’m now a civilian. Throughout my career I have had a great support network of family and best civilian mates , there are 7 of us who grew up together 2 of them joined up on in the signals and the other RMP. My mate in the signals served 8 plus years and left but he is in the reserves. A few weeks ago I organised a Remembrance parade for the community as we are in COVID 19 and researched guidelines etc . He asked if he could attend the service which I agreed he too is an SSM , but recently he was selected for LE . Bring and SSM I knew my own dress regulations which I adhered to, how ever my friend had a pair of brown leather gloves he wore on the parade which when I asked him he told me he had been issued them. Can anyone tell me if as a WO2 in the RS that it is general issue .

Regards

Wardy

Hi I’m after some advice , I am an ex serving sergeant major in the RLC. I finished my 24 years service last year and I’m now a civilian. Throughout my career I have had a great support network of family and best civilian mates , there are 7 of us who grew up together 2 of them joined up on in the signals and the other RMP. My mate in the signals served 8 plus years and left but he is in the reserves. A few weeks ago I organised a Remembrance parade for the community as we are in COVID 19 and researched guidelines etc . He asked if he could attend the service which I agreed he too is an SSM , but recently he was selected for LE . Bring and SSM I knew my own dress regulations which I adhered to, how ever my friend had a pair of brown leather gloves he wore on the parade which when I asked him he told me he had been issued them. Can anyone tell me if as a WO2 in the RS that it is general issue .

Regards

Wardy
My recollection is you don’t get to wear the leather gloves until you reach WO1. However, I’m going back almost 30 years, so there may be someone currently serving who can confirm or otherwise.
Welcome to the site, but be aware your post may attract some flak - go with the flow! :smile:

I mean, where will it all end?

Pink wafers probably.

Or this:

89855a562bc35c2e8ba5f3b1a5f59a35.jpg

Chef

LE
Wouldn't it have been a better idea to ask before the parade and issued dress instructions? Bit late now

For the next one

'Correct uniform will be worn where required.' Will cover it.

WO2s don't wear brown gloves.

It's an occifer thing, along with brown shoes and cloth capbadges. That for some reason or another has be usurped by WO1s, along with them buying a set of mess dress on the off chance they'll commish (and receive the moneys for it) or just wear for their last few years.

I had great fun on my Drill Course when a gunner stripey turned up on the course with a set of brown shoes he'd been leant by a WO at his regiment. (29 Cdo btw). Don't get me wrong they were very highly polished...

Regards

Wardy

There are no dress regulations for a civilian Remembrance parade.

Hi mate

I thought so too WO1 got issued brown gloves.

I’m glad I’m on the site , yes I can take flak , the 7 of us have been best friends for 30 yrs and they have supported me throughout my career which we have great banter and it’s help with my transition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk