Royal Signal Regiments in the south of England

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by DMan, Jun 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I'm interested in joining the Royal Signals as a officer and wanted to know what regiments there are in the south of England.

I currently live in London and would like to be placed in a regiment that is with 1-3 hours from London.

Also, can you tell me which ones you would recommend?

2. Cow

Cow LE

Royal Signals Unit Locations Google sorted that out in a few minutes.

You don't have a choice over your posting location, as a young office you'd be expected to be wanting to get as much experience as possible, being near to London should be the last thing on your mind.
  3. 10 Sigs, used to be full of the sick, lame and lazy, moved now.
  4. You will be posted to a Regiment for service needs not yours! You joined the army to see the world not to live near home!

5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

When you sign on the dotted line make sure you list your very specific location criteria.
    Did you allow for rush hour traffic at peak periods? As a RSIGS officer you may be entitled to use the bus lane, ask for a special pass.
  6. Join the TA?
  7. I joined the army to leave home and see the world, why not get a job at Tesco, as a manager if you are that way inclined.
  8. I tought the same thing, or the is also McDonalds

9. I recommend 14 Sigs, very close indeed to two national capitals. Dublin and Cardiff.
  10. Good shout.
  11. I wanted cyprus and ended up in an ex concentration camp bergen belsen germany 7 armd brgade
    So good luck with london