Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Signal Posting

Just wondering as CSE in the signals, where can you be posted. Is their any good international posting fot CSE's or the Signals as a whole?

Calju16

Swinger
Well, my course just finished and the majority of people ended up in Aldershite. A couple of people are over in Elmpt, but will be looking at moving back to the Stafford when it's finished. Other that that, I don't think we have many overseas postings left as Techs.

SuperDuperMe

Old-Salt
Sorry to hijack the thread but it seemed relevant and similar (mostly).

Are there many northern postings for a CSE straight out of phase 2?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

There is only 1 major unit in the north of England and that is 2 Sigs, 204 Sig Sqn is no more in Catterick and that's your lot up north. So the options will be Bulford/Tidworth, Stafford, Elmpt (for a year at least) or if you are lucky enough to get a small unit as a Class 3 then the worlds your oyster. Stafford will grow bigger in the coming years as 1 and 16 Sigs return to the UK. Also if the R SIGNALS do as they have promised and bring the new employment model in which almost mirrors the RA then you can look at spending 6 - 9 years in a single unit.

Speak to your CofC at Blandford and get them to brief you so you are in the loop with regards to the bigger picture.

TB

Jesus, 9 years in Tidworth? Is this supposed to be for retention purposes?

Well if you get 9 years in York you are laughing! However if on the other hand you get Bulford then sign out a length of rope from the friendly QM! The employment model is there in essence to save money and give people stability as apparently this is what they have asked for (the younger generation). I personally joined the Army to move around and experience different cities and countries etc. That is why the concept of Signals super garrisons are here to stay.

TB

Well if you get 9 years in York you are laughing! However if on the other hand you get Bulford then sign out a length of rope from the friendly QM! The employment model is there in essence to save money and give people stability as apparently this is what they have asked for (the younger generation). I personally joined the Army to move around and experience different cities and countries etc. That is why the concept of Signals super garrisons are here to stay.

TB

Well the old adage holds true then: "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!".

9 years in Mönchengladbach would have suited me very well, but I guess that's not to be...

Jesus, 9 years in Tidworth? Is this supposed to be for retention purposes?
Fook me. 9 years there, the longest I spent was about an hour and it felt like a lifetime. Blokes will be signing off left right & centre if that dump is all they see of the Corps/Army after leaving basic.

Sent from my iPhone via crappatalk because the CO's are binning the ARRSE App (bit dusty in here now etc)

Awesomo_2000

Old-Salt
It's what the kids are asking for, they don't think of the downsides. 6 - 9 years in Cyprus is what they are thinking, not 6 - 9 in Tidworth/Bulford/Colly.

There was an essay written by a desk officer up in Glasgow about a 24 year career (essentially) being made up of a mere four 6 year stints.

The Army is going to get pretty sh1t. Hopefully some fun stuff (ie AT) will be injected.

It's what the kids are asking for, they don't think of the downsides. 6 - 9 years in Cyprus is what they are thinking, not 6 - 9 in Tidworth/Bulford/Colly.

There was an essay written by a desk officer up in Glasgow about a 24 year career (essentially) being made up of a mere four 6 year stints.

The Army is going to get pretty sh1t. Hopefully some fun stuff (ie AT) will be injected.

Well something will have to be injected as there are a generation of soldiers who have never soldiered 'In barracks' and will have a huge culture shock when the next thing they will look forward to is deploying on Salisbury Plain.....

And be treated like a second class soldier, STAB etc., then be expected to deploy. Fcuk that for a game of.. well yes.

Well that's not my experience - the only soldiers who were treated like that from the TA were the genuine O2 thieves and there was more than a few at the unit I served at. HTB join the TA it's a no brainer they give you a FRI now to join and you don't have to do MATTs or an ADE for 3 years and you still get the full bounty for doing 15 days a year!

Stuff postings. What really bothers me is that the cuts have gone so deep we're down from Royal Signals to just one Royal Signal. According to the thread title.

Latest Threads