Royal Scots improvision

2/51

LE
Sod Wombat, forget Charlie G, lets go for a Landypult Mk 1

10945638_892308430833227_2084864519431772604_n.jpg

Is that the first showing of the Scottish Army's Arty post devolution?

The very long run or the short to medium term long run?

Their empire lasted longer than ours and in terms of the "known world" was probably larger (proportionally).

It would probably be even bigger if they mounted their ballistas on Land Rovers.

It was just to make sure the CS grenades went further:twisted:

That's exactly what it was. It was for hoying CS gas behind crowds so's the Jocks could beat fcuk out of them.

It's called a Grantapault.

PA-11410180-2-1024x690.jpg

PA-11410142-1-1024x685.jpg

I see a design fault. You have to point the Land Rover at the enemy to get on the line GT.....if a bunch of micks ran out of one of the houses in the picture there would not have been a quick getaway as the Land Rover is parked facing a row of terrace houses. Much grinding of gears and double de clutching.
Now if they didn't have a fixed fork they could park up in the middle of the road with a clear escape route and fire in any direction, much like a turret. I suspect the time into and out of action would be greatly reduced as well.
Full marks for deploying a second land rover which is obviously the ammunition tender.

I see a design fault. You have to point the Land Rover at the enemy to get on the line GT.....if a bunch of micks ran out of one of the houses in the picture there would not have been a quick getaway as the Land Rover is parked facing a row of terrace houses. Much grinding of gears and double de clutching.
Now if they didn't have a fixed fork they could park up in the middle of the road with a clear escape route and fire in any direction, much like a turret. I suspect the time into and out of action would be greatly reduced as well.
Full marks for deploying a second land rover which is obviously the ammunition tender.

It's not a short range or DF weapon, or even anti personnel (officially) It's for area bombing.

You stuff the backup wagon with angry Jocks for local defence.

Many thanks Offendi for your knowledgable advice.

Thinking about ammunition types, apart from chemical weapons, Can it fire paving slabs and bricks?

Many thanks Offendi for your knowledgable advice.

Thinking about ammunition types, apart from chemical weapons, Can it fire paving slabs and bricks?

How about canisters with a Sugar / Petrol mix?

I believe they also used it in their hearts and minds campaign with the female Catholic residents of the Falls.........This time they fired the original Rubber Bullets as the ladies lay on their backs, legs spread wide apart and akimbo to receive said presents.......only spoiled when the Black Mafia from the Green Jackets started cutting open the Bullets and filling them with nails...

I believe they also used it in their hearts and minds campaign with the female Catholic residents of the Falls.........This time they fired the original Rubber Bullets as the ladies lay on their backs, legs spread wide apart and akimbo to receive said presents.......only spoiled when the Black Mafia from the Green Jackets started cutting open the Bullets and filling them with nails...

That is fuckin vile & digusting and so very funny.. have an extra :wave: on top of the funny

The very long run or the short to medium term long run?

Their empire lasted longer than ours and in terms of the "known world" was probably larger (proportionally).

It would probably be even bigger if they mounted their ballistas on Land Rovers.

Wouldn't it work equally well on some sort of short wheel based design, like a chariot say?

Awaits incoming from various experts of the History of Rome

Latest Threads