Royal Scots Dragoon Gurads Personalities

Hi there does anyone have a list of personalities for the regiment ?

The_Duke

LE
Well, I am sure that you have "The big scary RSM", the "wet behind the ears, but very keen subbie", the "fat and smells of roll ups G4 storeman" and many many others.

Any help?

Nar dont have any of them !

The_Duke said:
Well, I am sure that you have "The big scary RSM", the "wet behind the ears, but very keen subbie", the "fat and smells of roll ups G4 storeman" and many many others.

Any help?
Mate, you forgot smudger who pissed the bed.

Did anyone ever find out who it was that was biting people's ears off in the mid 80s? At least one in Canada and one in Sennelager.

We blamed the Black Jocks! wasn't that the same night out(BATUS) as the jocks taking a corpse for a drink?

Isnt Dinger Bell, Smudge Smith, Taff Jones, Chalkie White and Tiny (7ft bloke) still there :wink:

Seriously though i was on Activation and Medman 1 with the SDG in 2001 and what a bloody good bunch of lads and excellent p*ss ups in Calgary and Med Hat. I had the only Green 434 with the only penthouse allowed in BATUS. :D

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
vandyke said:
HENDO said:
Hi there does anyone have a list of personalities for the regiment ?
who are you looking for?
If his name is "Jock" it should narrow the list down a lot.

FFBox said:
We blamed the Black Jocks! wasn't that the same night out(BATUS) as the jocks taking a corpse for a drink?
That about 1984?

It was a few years earlier. A couple of them were waiting outside 'Dels' Taxis, which was at that time a shed at the side of the Sin Bin then (must have changed by now), when p*ssed up, they tried to strike up a conversation with a bloke who was sat on a bench, who appeared to be ignoring them.

He'd been dead for best part of the night.

Sin Bin has closed down, but the shed is still there! Strangely, whilst we were waiting for a cab there, one of the guys decided to wander into this strange motel lobby type thing at 4am in the morning, and there was a guy 'asleep' on a chair who couldn't be woken up no matter how much we shouted. Granted, he probably was actually asleep, but the creepy lobby area that was totally deserted except for this one asleep man was weird. Oh, and a kid on a BMX tried to sell us drugs in the alleyway.

Ear incident was 1984/5 - my first BATUS - was QLR if I remember rightly.

Provost_Marshal said:
when p*ssed up, they tried to strike up a conversation with a bloke who was sat on a bench, who appeared to be ignoring them.

He'd been dead for best part of the night.
Bored him to death with tales of Blantyre and the lure of the Highlands and Lowlands?

Suicide and listening to depressing jock dribble? :D

Forks said:
Don't know any jocks there.
Thats true, they are not called the "Fiji DGs" for nothing.

wayner1970 said:
Forks said:
Don't know any jocks there.
Thats true, they are not called the "Fiji DGs" for nothing.
Haha, I know. But it's really not that bad. Only a handful of the fellas in my squadron. And there's more bloody English! (says me).

Was speaking to a guy on sunday who happened to have two brothers that served in the regiment (gogsy and Ally).he had been over to the regiment a few times, so he got to know all the Aberdonians. the name that had us laughing till there were tears in our eyes was " rattles", especially when he went AWOL and was found later in his MFO box. Alas rattles is now in that brothel in the sky.

Fat Wull was one of my pals , now he was a character. there was also a guy called HESH coz he had a squashed heed.

Big Ned, Hank the Yank, burnt Jim, Stu McLump (triple nipple), Trotters, radar, sewn in crease and the count.