Royal Scots DG's Tankies or Light Cavalry?

JockScot

Old-Salt
Finally passed my medical with the Army and I am no going ahead with my selection. My first choice Regiment was for the Royal Tank Regiment as I had assumed from the Army's website :Light Cavalry careers - British Army Website
That the Scots DG's were no longer an armoured regiment.

However in this video: The Major is saying he is a Tank Commander and they then show a clip of the challenger.

Is this true now? Are the Scots DG's an armoured reg again?

Also I would phone the careers office but the lines are shut at this time.

Cheers.

llech

LE
My brother was once attached to the Scots DG he ducked out of a BFT by hiding in the bogs until it all blew over (he was a S.Sgt) he poked his head out and found the R.S.M doing the very same and winked at him that they both keep schtum about the whole thing. The moral of this story = they are fat tankies!

Pretty sure they are no longer MBT Regiment. Good luck anyway.

My brother was once attached to the Scots DG he ducked out of a BFT by hiding in the bogs until it all blew over (he was a S.Sgt) he poked his head out and found the R.S.M doing the very same and winked at him that they both keep schtum about the whole thing. The moral of this story = they are fat tankies!
What's a 'S.Sgt'?

Boxy

GCM
Scots DG were never tankies! They were heavy cavalry, now they're light cavalry.

Latest Threads