Royal School of Signals going crab

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by BLOODY_TIPRAT, Jul 10, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been quizzed by a neighbour.

Is there any truth in the duty rumor that Blandford is going to become a joint communications school for all three services?

If so please respond as me neighbour is interested.

2. Its been talked about for years, and i think its going ahead. Tri service and a public private partnership i think. Theres alot of building to do before it comes in (new messes, accom etc), so it'll probably take years.
  3. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Yes there is a tri service team set up there at the moment to look at all the planning etc. Heard it may be about 2008.
  4. Job on the recently released list for people with a crown and pip on each shoulder:

Head of Defence CIS School, Blandford.

Says it all really...

Skiman - Can you send details of the Corps Winter Camp by private mail please? Cheers
  5. 749

749 Old-Salt

well they did it with the int side of things at quicksands so why not with the comms side?
    if we are all supposed to be on the same side would it not make sense if we were all singing from the same song sheet?
    might inject a bit of proffesionalism into Blindfold
  6. .While I was there, I was told that it would be the Tri service school for CIS at least!
  7. 749

749 Old-Salt

too many rumours about this subject
    the same thing i always hear though is that there is not enough living space and the Sgt's mess is a tip
  8. Thanks very much for the input.

I will pass it on to me crab neighbour next time we stand by the fence looking like a couple of old farts.

9. The mess at Blandford can be something of a tip 749. The accom is disgraceful, and compared with the money thats been spent on Junior Ranks accom, its a bit of a slap in the face. The public areas are not too bad, theres a good bar, and a decent scattering of chesterfields to park a hung over arrse on! Its always a good place to catch up with old mates, and make new ones, unfortunately its suffered for years from underinvestment and a lack of interest from above.
  10. blandford has always been a disaster, i mean look at the RSM they have 8)
  11. 749

749 Old-Salt

the RSM has nothing to do with the training though
    that is down to a bunch of clueless civil servants and officers with no grip on reality
    wonder what will happen when the fly boys and matlos move in?
  12. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

It will, undoubtedly, improve! :lol:
  13. 749

749 Old-Salt

well lets face it, it couldn't get any worse could it?
  14. 8O Not unless they get rid of the civies who are under the impression that they run the place!!
    Wait a minute...... They do bloody run the place
    You men on the roof, bring your rifles round and fire at the smoke!!!
  15. 749

749 Old-Salt

so glad i'm away from there!