Royal Rifle Volunteer gets Mention in Despatches

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by stickybomb, Apr 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Although the citation reads PWRR, Cpl Bakas was serving with the RRV's Roebuck Coy on TELIC 6 at the time. C (PWRR) Coy has since joined 3 PWRR.

The riot in question was the infamous Warrior-burning incident outside the Jarmeat Police Station. Cpl Bakas went forward and rescued a gunner who had been dragged off the back of the Warrior and into the clutches of the rioters and back to safety in spite of being stoned by the crowd.

Blöödy well done Corporal Bakas!

2. Fcuking Good drills! That takes some balls!
  3. Well done!
  4. He wasent c coy must be a pwrr addition .Well done .
  5. Well done that man.

I'd like to think that everyone in the TA would do the same.
  6. He was one of the 3PWRR guys in Roebuck coy. There's a bit about it in the 3rd battalion publication.
  7. Good man.

Walk tall, you have earned it.
  8. Oops! :oops:

Well the trouble with you heavy types is that you have no tradition of individual appearance so with those buzzcuts you all look the same to us jackets! :D

Doesn't detract from what he did though.
  9. We cant all wear decent cap badges at least you can look down on the remfs :lol: .The only thing I will miss from the RRV is the inane cap badge rivalry :lol:
  10. Top drills
  11. Missing ya already, Woody! :D
  12. well done to that man.

saved some a very hard time and possibly their life!
  13. Fras Bakas is a proper decent guy and i enjoyed serving in the same company as the guy. Good effort, had a good laugh with ya mate. all the best. Sweep