Royal Regt of Scotland - What is happening

Try here.

RRS

No nothing happening up here.The changes will happen at the end of the month and all the regimental identities will die with it.New uniforms and and kilts will be worn by ALL of the Royal Regiment of Scotland.No more Highland or Lowland Brigade.The death of the Scottish regiments under this NEW LABOUR government. I sincerely hope the Scottish people will remember that at the next general election because I will.

I have a BW mate who is the only serving jock in our place, he hasn't been given any instructions about anything so will just continue in his own Regt uniform unitl directly instructed otherwise. Seems fair to me as serving abroad we have no access.

He should contact 1BW, Who as his parent unit will admin the change in uniform.

Formation Day & Dress

Thtas a great resource we just checked it out, but it doesn't actually say what the dress is:
Quote "Other Dress - Details of the other forms of dress will be published shortly." Quote

So any other ideas?

Outstanding said:
Thtas a great resource we just checked it out, but it doesn't actually say what the dress is:
Quote "Other Dress - Details of the other forms of dress will be published shortly." Quote

So any other ideas?
Errrm are you still waiting Outstanding, or are you checking out the 2nd link posted by sweatysock:

FORMATION DAY AND DRESS
It has been confirmed that combat kit dress (stable belt, Tactical Recognition Flash, cap-badge and tartan
backing) will all be available for issue by Battalions in order that we can all wear them on 28th March and at
no cost to individuals...

It is up to individuals at ‘E’ to get hold of the new combat kit dress (as given above) from their own battalions
in order that we are all correctly dressed on 28th March 2006.

Outstanding said:
Funny old thing his cap badge and TRFs appeared in todays post.
That's the power of ARRSE for you.

If the Federation had been up and running, they would have arrived three weeks ago. :wink:

X-Inf

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I wonder who the last bloke will be, wearing his old uniform, saying "Nobody sent me anything". One way to get your name in the Guiness Book of Records (and the extras book).

I was thinking more along the lines of the Japanese soldiers found on a Pacific island years aftyer the end of WW2. Picture a lone Scottish soldier posted on some Outer Hebridean island (and don't try and tell me that Glasgow would know he was there and let him in on the secret) emerging years later when there was just 1 Great British Regiment.........

X-Inf said:
I wonder who the last bloke will be, wearing his old uniform, saying "Nobody sent me anything". One way to get your name in the Guiness Book of Records (and the extras book).
probably the same guy that still has his big pack

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Had I been X-Inf ( 8) ) then I would be affronted by the references to my 'big pack' or 'large pack' whicle realising that size is totally irrelevant! 8)

Percy_Pigeon

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Outstanding said:
I have a BW mate who is the only serving jock in our place, he hasn't been given any instructions about anything so will just continue in his own Regt uniform unitl directly instructed otherwise. Seems fair to me as serving abroad we have no access.
I believe and am aware that the dress issue will be phased; this is largely due to the fact that you can’t buy thousands of kilts off the peg.

The lead in this matter is D INF and I assume that there is a plan to pick up the odds and sods.

PM me with your mates details and I will enquire to the FP and policy on dets.

Thanks PP, but following advice above and several phone calls he has all he needs (except any actual new clothing). The mess kit 5 years is a Con though. You watch CO and Fmn Comds insisting that Offrs amd SNCOs are correctly dressed sooner than that! (within 5 years they might change again at present rates!!)

Well at least one highland battalion, currently on TELIC, has stated that they will not be sending out any RRS stuff until after they return in a couple of months or so, so expect no change at 'E' for quite a few!