Royal Regiment of Wales

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by tafftoff, Jan 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions/words of wisdom on my local regiment? I wish to apply for a commission into the Army, and apparently the local regt. normally sponsors you for your RCB. I am not solely interested in the RRW, but in comparison with the other regiments, they have proven to be the hardest to gain information on (aside from the usual stuff on their broken website).

Thanks in advance,

2. Taff toff - that must rank alongside Military Intelligence as a 'wossname'

Broken Website = Broken regiment: Get in quick matey, as they are due for the chop!
  3. Top bunch of lads, very welcoming and make you feel like part of the team.

However, possibly the worst kit I've ever seen.
  4. Thank you very much chaps.

Queensman, I understand that the RRW is an amalgamation of the RWF and the SWB? The RRW holds quite a few recruitment fayres, and have an impressive presence on the side of buses. Is that consistent with a regt. in line for the chop? I'm not at all questioning your thoughts, just I had hoped that the wanky website was down to IT incompetence.

So aside from being 'mechanised infantry', what does the RRW do? (aside from beating up civilians outside Cdiff nightspots :p )

StabTiffy, could you elaborate on the 'worst kit' comment? How bad are we talking? Is the regt. famed for this or something?

Thanks again.
  5. tafftoff,
    The RRW are a stand alone Regt at present and they are a combination of the (24th Foot) SWB and the old 41st Foot Welch Regiment. RWF are also stand alone and they are the 23rd Foot. Both are to be rebranded (following Blairs focus group meeting) into a single Welsh regiment along with their respective TA battalions. All are good company and professional.
  6. Lets just say that the Chainguns were so minging that we had to use an impact driver to get them out for cleaning.
  7. Diolch yn fawr y pawb.

MadJack, thank you for the clarification.

Righto, what contemporary roles are there for 'stand alone' Regts.? I'm assuming they'd be attached to a division/battlegroup? (I do realise that proposed shake ups will render my questions meaningless...)
  8. If I were you, Jock old chap, I'd spend a bit of time having a quick shuffty around ARRSE - you, I fear, are about to line yourself up for a torrent of abuse from the Brethren for being an idle numpty! Carry on.
  9. Apologies all round. Ignore the walt questions, I don't know what came over me.
  10. 3 Para Mortars from the sound of it. Poof.