Royal Regiment Of Scotland

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Bazil, Aug 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

How we all doing??
    Im new to the forum and wasnt to sure where to post this topic. Ive just passed my selection and Ive got my date for basic training 18 October at Catterick.

Im joining the Royal Regiment Of Scotland and hopefully Ill get into 5 scots, so Im looking to get to know anyone that is currently in 5 scots so I have a better chance of getting into the battalion.
  2. awrite bud, good look with training. I'm down the month before you. Just say you had family in the argylls many years ago they shouldn't question it and you are pretty likely to get in to them. This was advice for me from older, still serving 5 SCOTS, although i don't need it as my uncle and grandad did serve in the argylls.
  3. Good luck Bazil.

4. Ho ho ho, I hope your immune to the cold, you boys are on a nice winter course in Catterick :)

unlucky lads..
  5. Good Id hate for it to be easy LOL :D What doesnt kill you makes u stronger
  6. Come on guys there must be more then just 2 of us joining the royal regiment of Scotland
  7. i' hoping to join 5 scots too mate, just waiting on word back bout my 3 month fitness diary this week then hopefully straight on to interview then ADSC, not sure about intake dates but i hoping to start basic before the years out.
  8. From a former Scots Div good luck to both bazil & MrMcnaul + others in your Training, I done mine in both Glencorse & Catterick over the Winter months including the good old bayonet training at 5am in the snow which was fun, enjoy & stick it out lads
  9. cheers beemer007, just want to get down to Catterick and get on with it.
  10. Thanks mate :D I dont have to long to wait, 18th October and Im away to catterick. I wish it was sooner tho :D
  11. Mrmcnaul and Brazil, Your attitudes are absolutely perfect and I predict that in a few years time you will both be sitting in the Corporals Mess having a beer or five and relishing your future in the RRS.

Good luck men.
  12. hi mate,yeah im going royal regiment of scotland too,although i have not received my start date yet.Iam hoping I get on that intake,I will find out on monday.Hoping for 5 scots as well,the air assault role is a lot more appealing.Iam Australian,although I have scottish blood in my family.I was originaly going para,but decided against it,I dont want rubber knees lol.
  13. From what I hear, recruits will go to where they ask for, unless another unit has more of an need for soldiers.

Stick to your guns and continue to state where you want to go.
  14. Thanks for the words Nutcracker and wei55y, it means a lot.
    Ive not long to go 2 weeks today until basic :D So keen to get there, get started and get it done. Really cant wait
  15. Fao: All RRS recruits/Soldiers

I know all you potential RRS soldiers (no matter 1-5 regts) will be very busy shortly due to training schedules, but a request from an old sweat:

If possible put up sitreps, please bear in mind persec & forum rules etc, don't wish you to suck eggs but you know where I'm coming from, would be good to hear how the 'younger generation' as i'm an old git are dealing & handling the current pace of training due to the increased OP tempo the UK is involved with.

Good Luck to all