Royal Regiment of Scotland TOS

NemoIII

War Hero
Is there any serving RRS lads on here? Just wondering if everyone buys a tailored TOS in the Bns.

Posted into a RRS Bn soon so was just wondering.

Buy a tailored TOS for in camp and have a battle bunnet for in the field / ranges.

Save yourself from panic scrubbing / washing and ironing :D :D

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
Buy a tailored TOS for in camp and have a battle bunnet for in the field / ranges.

Save yourself from panic scrubbing / washing and ironing :D :D
Always wondered about these. Had a friend who transfered to the Highland fusiliers his TOS was massive. Remember i asked him about it.

I have my TOS from the time the Bns became part of the RRS. In a very tasteful fit of pique, the master tailor had lined all of the TOSs with the “proper” tartan the Battalion was losing.

I have my TOS from the time the Bns became part of the RRS. In a very tasteful fit of pique, the master tailor had lined all of the TOSs with the “proper” tartan the Battalion was losing.
which sett would that be then….since govno1A is de rigeur..

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
Shame they amalgimated you all together. The trews & Glen garry looked smart. Did wear different tartans, Queens own Highlanders.. Etc. Remember Gen Mackenzie in Herford was an ex Queens own Highlander still walked around in his trews & Glen Garry. Smart as a carrot

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
I mean some regiments just wore trews no kilts like now, KOSB.. Etc. Now this video goes even further back

Always wondered about these. Had a friend who transfered to the Highland fusiliers his TOS was massive. Remember i asked him about it.
I have both my fathers and mine still, his was the size of a small heli pad and mine was tailored but still larger than the mini TOS’s that are popular today.....

Jonnynoname

Old-Salt
I have both my fathers and mine still, his was the size of a small heli pad and mine was tailored but still larger than the mini TOS’s that are popular today.....
I think the smaller ones look better. Most scottish infantry did have slightly bigger TOS from what i saw in the 80s. I always thought the Argylls Glen Gar(r)y looked smart. I joined up in Stirling so most were Argylls. Stirling castle and all that. Good guys.

Latest Threads