Royal regiment of Scotland -5 Scots now ceremonial?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by roar, Aug 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I understand that once you join RRS its hard to have much influence over what battalion you go to.

With 5 Scots now moving to a purely ceremonial role, how will that affect recruits, is there a change of being sent there and stuck in a ceremonial role till time stand still?

Thanks in advance for insight.

2. Jeez, if I had my time over agian I would jump at the chance of a ceremonial roll. Standing outside Edinburgh Castle in full No.1s was the biggest pussy magnet known to mankind!!! Especially foreign birds!!

As for your question, no idea, sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe they'll manage it it similar to the Foot Guards, the recruits from Catterick do a stint in the Increment Companies before being posted to their Battalions, and there's always the chance of going back there upon promotion.

4. At the moment with HERRICK - as recruitment in to the RRS battalions is centralised from ITC - you typically go to the battalion that needs the boost in manpower for their upcoming tower.

Post-Aghan, no idea mate, perhaps we'll rotate from our parent battalion to the ceremonial coy for a stint in PD exclusively though every battalion does public duties anyway (we had a coy do PD in Edinburgh earlier in the year while the other coys did Gibraltar & FIRIC).

5. Been there mate, must admit after 4 days of "can i have a photo" i was starting to get pissed off.

6. How did you actually find the time to shag them?

7. I never said I did... I just said it was a magnet.

8. Was not so much the photos that pissed me off, it was the kilt lifters that got me. A few got a shock when they realised it was true.

I did not expereince it, but some lads had their Glengarrys nicked, and put on charge for it!

• Like Like x 1