Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Regiment of Fusiliers

Congrats to the three chaps in yesterdays honours. Good work fellas. 8)

blacky

Old-Salt
Done some time with the 2nd Fusiliers in Germany, excellent battalion some of the best soldiers that I have ever served with in my career.

Watch the Geordies they are hard as nails and thich as pig sh_t.

Thats why the fusiliers always do well on operations a real get the job done attitude with no nonsense, but are very regimential and proud to be British and English. I would say typical Rifles / RGJ attitude with Guards traditions / Para comradeship all rolled in one. The Fusilier.

For England and St George

Dwarf

LE
Now that my hair is rapidly redeploying to other parts I have the option of having the hackle tatooed onto my pate.
Once a Fusilier ALWAYS a Fusilier.
Welcome to the family lad.

As an aside I have heard the following from one source who was there but would like confirmation if anyone knows.
Apparently in Gulf War 1 when B Coy 3RRF was lined up ready to go into Iraq obviously things were a bit tense until the CSM G.F. -a Geordie- walked down the line on his vehicle check stark bollocky except for boots,clipboard,and indian headress, with his 'Alright lads?'. Laughs all round and tension lifted.
Fine man, -taught my brother mortarship and how to bevvy.

"As an aside I have heard the following from one source who was there but would like confirmation if anyone knows.
Apparently in Gulf War 1 when B Coy 3RRF was lined up ready to go into Iraq obviously things were a bit tense until the CSM G.F. -a Geordie- walked down the line on his vehicle check stark bollocky except for boots,clipboard,and indian headress, with his 'Alright lads?'. Laughs all round and tension lifted.
Fine man, -taught my brother mortarship and how to bevvy."

A Fusilier had to be TAUGHT how to bevvy?

WELCOME TO THE 1RRF; to fallingbostel.hope you all have had a trouble free move and are settling in ok..look forward to getting to know you all in time..
www.fallingbostelmilitarymuseum.de
always on the look out for military items, so dont chuck out anything till youve visited us.. we need fusiliers items for your area in the museum.

Dwarf

LE
Fusilier5039 said:
"As an aside I have heard the following from one source who was there but would like confirmation if anyone knows.

Nah, but when you see him bouncing off the walls of the barrack at 0600 on his way to pit after a Sgts Mess piss-up, whilst we are heading off in full kit then you know that here is a man who can fight to the death with a barrel and win.

Dwarf said:
Fusilier5039 said:

Nah, but when you see him bouncing off the walls of the barrack at 0600 on his way to pit after a Sgts Mess urine-up, whilst we are heading off in full kit then you know that here is a man who can fight to the death with a barrel and win.

If its the GF im thinking of ( see PM) , believe me i have seen him well bladdered on a few occasions

JediKnight

Old-Salt
I see it is agreed, we are officially the finest infantry regiment in the army! One thing I can say with total honesty, is any "Ats & Dets" the Fusiliers have ever had have always been made welcome. I think we know how to look after non fusiliers that we have taken under our Hackle, I doubt any non fusiliers would say they were treated as outsiders. They may have had the same "Hitler Youth" training and treatment the rest of us did, but they never would have been excluded!

For England and St George, Once a Fusilier, ALWAYS a Fusilier!

P.S. Another famous pair of Fusiliers no one has mantioned was Ronny and Regie Kray.....

I believe that Dirty Den was once an armoury storemen in RF?

very-old-git said:
Shame that the 'cohort' of serving and ex serving Fusiliers have failed to mention the glorious 6 VC's before breakfast at Gallipoli awarded to the finest Fusilier Regt --The Lancashire Fusiliers ! . Bury in Lancashire is the home of the LF museum, the finest black puddings ( can you say BLACK in todays PC society ? ) and biggest TAC in the world.

P.S. Michael Caine served as a fusilier in Korea (albeit a bloody, suffern Royal ) -- not many people know that !

P.P.S. Any one fancy a pint at the Two Tubs ?

Dwarf

LE
Fusilier5039 said:
Dwarf said:
Fusilier5039 said:

Nah, but when you see him bouncing off the walls of the barrack at 0600 on his way to pit after a Sgts Mess urine-up, whilst we are heading off in full kit then you know that here is a man who can fight to the death with a barrel and win.

If its the GF im thinking of ( see PM) , believe me i have seen him well bladdered on a few occasions

Have PMed you, but yours hasn't got through.

Got into a couple of scrapes and 1 charge on your behalf when working with septics end of GW1.
You are all cnuts who cannot box (with one notable exception), but better cnuts you know than cnuts you dont....

6952grumm

Clanker
Famous fusiliers were Leslie Grantham he was a royal fusilier my father served with him till he shot the taxi driver, Micheal Caine was a Royal fusilier during national service, the kray twins were the last Royal Fusiliers to to be imprisoned in the tower of London and I think I'm right in saying Denis Neilson the mass murderer served as a chef in the fusiliers, now I served with St Georges band as a bandsman and my father served 23 yrs as a fusilier as a squaddie

I

In_my_day

Gents, if there is a serving RRF member here I wonder if he could PM me. I've been trying to get in touch with an RRF guy I've lost touch with (BB formerly RSM and now an LE offr I believe). I have tried the links at the beginning of this thread but have received nothing back in reply. Obviously I know that there are Opsec issues here and can hear the sucking of teeth from some but if possible what I'm after is for someone to pass my info to him for him to get in touch with me (bit like adoption this!!) Thanks.

IMD

Von-Ryan

Old-Salt
Why don't you call RHQ in the Tower and ask them to pass a message? They generally have contact details for all serving and retired Fusiliers.

V-R

The_Hat

Old-Salt
The Lancashire Fusiliers were the finest Regiment ever to grace any battlefield, at any time and at any place.

I know this for a fact, as my late father-in-law, 'Kitna', (who was RSM during the Burma campaign, India, Egypt and onwards), always informed me at every opportunity!! :D

Fortunately, on August 1st each year, we could put Regimental rivalries aside and enjoy a few Minden Day libations together.

OMNIA AUDAX XXth

fusilier50

War Hero
theres a reunion planned for all former Fusiliers

11th December 19.00

Wellington Barracks
Bolton Rd
Bury
BL8 2PL

and an active facebook group dedicated to regimental reunions for anyone interested.

look for 2rrf Reunion December 4th 2009

Jonny8oy

Clanker
In_my_day said:
Gents, if there is a serving RRF member here I wonder if he could PM me. I've been trying to get in touch with an RRF guy I've lost touch with (BB formerly RSM and now an LE offr I believe). I have tried the links at the beginning of this thread but have received nothing back in reply. Obviously I know that there are Opsec issues here and can hear the sucking of teeth from some but if possible what I'm after is for someone to pass my info to him for him to get in touch with me (bit like adoption this!!) Thanks.

IMD

Did you eventually get in touch with BB? I know it's a while since you posted. He has embraced technology and is on Facebook, BB and his Mrs share the same account but under his Mrs name.

PM if you need any more help.

Cheers

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Seconded. As a TA officer you tend to bounce around a bit, but I consider myself a Fusilier through and through - you can tell you're part of something special when you're in a larger (multi-capbadge) regiment and the other funny hat people look at you with envy and a feeling of deep, inner worthlessness!