Royal Navy Walt

Discussion in 'Waltenkommando' started by DannyFishcharge, Jan 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This was too good not to share!
    My wife works with a lass who has recently had breast cancer. Nice lass, quite a pretty thing, well off, own house and car etc, but a little dense.
    Anyway, about 6 months ago whilst in hospital having tests etc, she met this fella (Royal Navy) who was being treated for a badly broken leg. Not really that suspicious you may think? Well, when questioned by her about it, it was apparently an injury sustained in Afghanistan after his ship was hit. I nearly died laughing, how did his ship get into Afghanistan anyway? I don't recall the Navy having a camel fleet (ship of the desert). Anyway, now he's better he's gone away for a few months on a submarine, as he's a Chief Petty Officer and a submarine navigator, currently on HMS Trafalgar, which Wikipedia tells me was decomisioned in 2009.
    I really don't have the heart to tell her, and neither does the wife, so for now we are just amusing ourselves with the stories, but now he has proposed and wants to sell his house and move in with her, I think it could be time for a reality check.

2. Sounds like a adulterer / bigamist / conman , his next line maybe "I cant sell my house at the moment so lets put yours on the market, oh transfer the money to my account as it will be easier for us to buy our new home together"

Ive used this method many times ,made a small fortune.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Oh yes tell her. Fucking idiot. I mean its not as if Google isn't your friend in building a bloody good "service career" these days.

4. He sounds like he's about to go down that route. I'm not on a Walt hunt or anything, I just had to share it because it was so comical, poor lass has no idea. As far as I'm aware, he isn't or never has been in any of the services. Possibly a basic training drop out, but definitely a throbber. I may have to speak up when he looks to be getting out of hand, she'll thank me for it one day.

5. Even though decommissioned, Trafalgar still had a crew in 2012. PM me any details you have and I'll get my tame T-boat man onto it.

6. have you considered blackmailing him?

• Like Like x 1
  7. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

I think you have to tell her. It will be on your conscience otherwise.

8. I think I know the bloke you are on about. If it is him, he is really a Flight Sergeant in the RAF Regiment. You can understand why he pretends to be a sailor instead of being a soldier as that would be too much of a jump into the unknown.

9. That's all you need to know right there.

Wait till sh'es really smitten, hit her with the news. This has got sympathy shag written all over it.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Like your thinking there!

11. Ratings like Chief Petty Officers don't learn navigation. It would just encourage them to mutiny and kill the officers while the ship's at sea. Knowledge is power after all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. As he claims to be serving...Just ask him to show his ID card. When he can't produce one you can quite rightly suspect him of being a walt.

13. CHOPS(TSSM) generally do.

14. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I'd say genuine sun dodger, spins dit to get a shag, gets shag, goes home to wifey but spins another dit to make sure there's a another shag in the future if he wants it. Tell the silly bint and go for the comfort shag. She sounds like she'd fall for it

15. Be friendly with him then ask to see his MOD90 , if he does not understand what you mean punch him in the throat.