Royal Navy sails into London Boat Show

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jan 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. So the Navy is reduced to a "Boat" show....not a "Ship" show...a "Boat" show...

Jackie Fisher must be rotating at a rate of knots these days.

Rodney2q

3. Jackie Fisher, wasn't he the Admiral who thought that getting his matelots to dance with each other was an innovation?

4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

You cynical bugger. I for one shall be at the boat show on sunday and will take them along to see the wokka wokka and meet the Wet And ****ing Useless, glory seeking, overpaid aircrew who'll be the ones to rescue us when it all goes horribly wrong with the new boat in the middle of the Bristol Channel.

5. Cool story.

6. The RN used to be able to send a frigate there.

7. ...and still fulfil its commitment to provide a destroyer or frigate to each of Standing NATO Maritime Group 1 (SNMG1 formerly STANAVFORLANT) and Standing NATO Maritime Group 2 (SNMG2 formerly STANAVFORMED). Can't remember the last time that happened.

8. Bouillabaisse

What? To Earls Court, where the show used to be? Impressive navigation. Must have been hell doing the collision avoidance on the Cromwell Road

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not quite to Earls Court but near enough: :)

10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

So the RN sailed into the London Boatshow.

Bloody careless of them but at least it wasn't Iranian Territorial waters.

11. Bouillabaisse

12. I thought they were passengers on them, not that they actually operated them. Maybe they meant US Navy and USMC.

13. Why isn't the boat show in the summer? Longer days, more people around, more totty....

14. The Royal Navy has now come round the fact that they are merely a taxi service for The Corps.

'eeerr, you won't believe who I had sitting in the back of my HMS Ocean last week......42 cdo, lovely bunch of blokes they were, left a big tip..........they were naked most of the time'

15. Double post as my head wand is bent.