Royal Navy patrol vessels gather for squadron exercise

Ministry of Defence said:
Ten of the Royal Navy's P2000 patrol vessels took to the seas on Friday, 15 April, for some of the largest squadron exercises and manoeuvres in 25 years.

More...

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Is that 10 patrol boats out on an excersise because the RN no longer has 10 functional full sized warships it can assemble in one place anymore?

Yes. It's the only "squadron" with 10 operational ships. They're all University training ships. I'm surprised the Army aren't announcing the UOTC training camp. It must be a massive activity and totally essential and relevent to the defence of the realm?

It's clearly a show of force to all nations who might have the balls to attempt a sea-based invasion.

Yeh those 10 dingys carrying a few SA80s are very menacing.
If I was on a gigantic destroyer with lots of massive guns capable of destroying an entire coastline in an hour and I saw those 10 little devils laden with pissed up students charging towards me, I'd turn the f*** around!

Better deterrant than Trident, that!

Yes. It's the only "squadron" with 10 operational ships. They're all University training ships. I'm surprised the Army aren't announcing the UOTC training camp. It must be a massive activity and totally essential and relevent to the defence of the realm?
Nah, its to deter all the would be immigrants from N. Africa that France doesn't want, our squadron's ships are probably packed to the gunnels with instant halal meals & nicotine patches, possibly a medic to offer free medecine! :-(
More likely interpreters with loads of multilingual forms & advice on how to claim benefits here ! :-( :-(

Does the Exercise culminate with them all being decommissioned?
Yep they are driving them all the way to Turkey to be scrapped with the rest of our fleet

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the Coronation Review pics - Seaweed was there (as a schoolboy).

Originally Posted by Ministry of Defence
Ten of the Royal Navy's P2000 small and not very speedy speed boats took to the seas on Friday, 15 April, for some of the largest speed boat exercises and manoeuvres in 25 years.

More...
Edited for accuracy