Royal Navy patrol vessels gather for squadron exercise

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Apr 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Does the Exercise culminate with them all being decommissioned?

3. That's right but with a positive spin on it.

4. [​IMG]

Hope its not in the Persian Gulf. We see enough of Ahmadinejad on the telly.

5. Haha, that made me giggle like a schoolgirl. Liking it.

6. Is that 10 patrol boats out on an excersise because the RN no longer has 10 functional full sized warships it can assemble in one place anymore?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Yes. It's the only "squadron" with 10 operational ships. They're all University training ships. I'm surprised the Army aren't announcing the UOTC training camp. It must be a massive activity and totally essential and relevent to the defence of the realm?

8. It's clearly a show of force to all nations who might have the balls to attempt a sea-based invasion.

9. Yeh those 10 dingys carrying a few SA80s are very menacing.

10. If I was on a gigantic destroyer with lots of massive guns capable of destroying an entire coastline in an hour and I saw those 10 little devils laden with pissed up students charging towards me, I'd turn the f*** around!

Better deterrant than Trident, that!

11. Nah, its to deter all the would be immigrants from N. Africa that France doesn't want, our squadron's ships are probably packed to the gunnels with instant halal meals & nicotine patches, possibly a medic to offer free medecine! :-(
    More likely interpreters with loads of multilingual forms & advice on how to claim benefits here ! :-( :-(

12. Yep they are driving them all the way to Turkey to be scrapped with the rest of our fleet

13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for the Coronation Review pics - Seaweed was there (as a schoolboy).

14. Not quite the same effect as a squadron of battleships form days of old.