:: Royal Navy Iranian Hostages can sell their stories ::

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 58_Pattern, Apr 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6536203.stm

Was pretty disgusted that the MoD has allowed the RN/RM 15 to sell their stories. Apparantly the Royal Marines will pool and the money and share after giving a service charity 10% whilst the Royal Navy folk are each selling their story.

In my opinion this is not a great move by the MoD. Any sympathy they had will now vanish as the media court these folk for £££££ & book deals. Pretty sure the rest of the ships company on HMS Cornwall will feel pi$$ed of seeing their shipmates on mega bucks. The sooner those sailors are back at sea the better. This is going to be worse than big brother and other stories from 'friends' by the gutter press will now appear.

It undermines the British Military.
  2. From todays Times -

One of the hostages, Dean Harris, 30, an acting sergeant in the Royal Marines, told a Sunday Times reporter yesterday: “I want £70,000. That is based on what the others have told me they have been offered. I know Faye has been offered a heck more than that. I am worth it because I was one of only two who didn’t crack.”

3. It galls me that here on Arrse we all observed ziplip procedures and radio silence whilst they were held captive. We did not bait any Iranians or post anything. We knew not to inflame the situation and cared for our comrades. Now it is going to be a media circus.

Faye has announced a fitness and diet DVD for Christmas already.
  4. DPM

DPM Old-Salt

B E A uetiful :)

I'm assuming that you will be encouraged to stop at level 6 and a half on the bleep test...

5. Quickly followed by a plastic surgery and makeover DVD i hope :D
  6. A Fcucking disgrace to their service. Any money made should be donated to benevolent fund. (ALL OF IT).
  7. I have a cellphone video of one of the Cornwall 15 being taken up the golden rivet by their bosun whilst the rest of the ships company laugh, cheer, play ackers and drink rum. How much should I sell it to the Scum for ?
  8. And L'Oreal have declined her kind offer as she wasn't worth it.
  9. As that fcuking horror Jade slips into obscurity, Faye is taking the Z list celeb slot in her Fecking place. Cnuts the lot of them.
  10. Good news that the headlines didn't read 'Faye done away' but bad news that some are screwing the incident for all they can get.

Money grabbing greedy fcukers.
  11. I wonder what the thoughts are of the rest of the ships company on HMS Cornwall ? I would love to a fly on the wall in the Wardroom or Mess Decks.
  12. As is usually the case when somebody comes into a great deal of money, I'm sure they have no shortage of 'friends'.

And enemies.
  13. Looks like a double rollover then. :oops:

14. And the families of all the other lads and lasses who have to finish their tours