Royal Navy finds uncharted Red Sea mount

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Jul 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Survey ship does what it is designed to do. Super.
  3. These MOD RSS threads are getting quite tedious. I know I shouldn't reply (as it's automated) but really, who gives a fcuk about 75% of the stuff it puts on here.

Next one. Army Recruits fire rifles during basic training.
  4. So this time they didn't find it by running a submarine into it? Very good. Well done.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. These news feeds help to give the site some "cred", and at least the news is comming from the people who released it. Unlike when people on here rush back from the Daily Mail or BBC news site to post a link... Particularly when they don't check to see that it's already been posted, and commented on and argued over.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RN is retaining the right to collide with it.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, thanks. Always nice to be kept up to speed. Here we see RN discovering a previously uncharted underwater 'mountain' near the Skye Bridge the size of the rock of Gibraltar.

Which local fishermen had managed to avoid for about 3,000 years.

View attachment 80836
    • Like Like x 6
  8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

How do you discover something then write evidently Yemani fishermen knew it exsisted as they'd anchored on to it.
    Hard;y as startleing discovery when the locals are parking on it

BTW Are you recruiting?
    My missus discovered a bollard the other day by reversing into it.
    No need for high tech gear just select reverse and hey presto she discovered it within 30 seconds.
    She would do well with one of your submarines but I live in hope even she could miss Scotland on a good day.
  9. Apart from the military benefits from the work of the UK Hydrographic Office and survey flotilla, much of it sneaky-beaky stuff, commercial sales of its services and products generated an income to the MoD of £133 million in 2011/12. We don't have too many cash cows like that in our ORBAT.
  10. Unfortunately, HMS Nottingham bumping into the well charted Wolf Rock also cost a few shillings to polish the dents out.
  11. This is awesome news. I am so excited over the latest discovery, it will change my life immeasurably. Maybe they have finally found a homeland for the Palestinians from Gaza.
  12. Bear Grylls is swimming out to it now as we speak to do a survival program on it.
  13. How much of that does the MoD see? How much disappears to the Treasury? Genuine question.
  14. Give us the lat and long of the liberty ship please , just me as it'll be a bonza dive site.
  15. More crap.

By Mod - off topic and cut.