Royal Navy duo in multinational anti-sub exercise

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, May 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. "....The Portsmouth-based 'capital ship' and her*twelve Type 23 frigate sisters were designed in the late 1980s to hunt Soviet submarines in the North Atlantic...."

Dear MoDRSS, I'm normally loath to swear in these threads, but please, stop talking like a cnut, a ******* Frigate is in no way, means or form a ******* Capital Ship! So please, stop the hyperbolic bollocks.

3. Perhaps MoD RSS has developed a sense of humour; HMS Westminster ... Capital Ship ... Geddit?

4. I think it of more concern that we have deployed two vessels at the same time. Can someone have a quick look to see if HMS Victory is still in dock?

5. Er why do they only refer to her as a T Class boat? Is this to create some mystery over the availability of T Class boats of which there are how many?

6. Fair one.

7. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Standard procedure - it keeps the enemy guessing as to which boat is where. This one could pop up next week off Stanley, or it could be an entirely different T class. I suppose it depends on whether you can be arsed to go to Plymouth and Faslane to count the ones alongside. Of course, it all goes to ratshit when HMS Troutstream pops up off Bahrain and has a cocktail party.

8. Has someone told the 2SL both his ships are at sea at the same time? Surely someone is missing the Cutty Sark and the Victory?

9. Right up to the point where they raise the unknown sub on radio, and ask them their identity, the sub replies with it's callsign rather than it's name, and they can cross-reference the two

Or someone on the Troutstream WAG/PAB Facebook page starts posting their travel plans.