Royal navy confirms a member of hms westminster's crew is missing in dubai

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cavemandave, Jun 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Breaking on Sky....
  2. A night on the lash or something more sinister? I hope he turns up ok!
  3. A British sailor has gone missing in Dubai while his ship, HMS Westminster, was docked, the Royal Navy has said.

Timothy Andrew MacColl, 27, from Gosport in Hampshire, was last seen getting into a taxi at 02:00 local time on Sunday after a night out.

The ship arrived in Dubai on Saturday and left on Thursday. Without him????? :idea:

The family of the father of two - originally from Killin, Stirlingshire - said they were "desperately worried".

BBC News - British sailor missing in Dubai
  4. As if being abducted by Al Qaeda wasn't bad enough, his family have gone and told the world that they call him Timmy.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Dubai is not the sort of place I would class as dangerous. Its more likely he got invited to a BA aircrew party and he woke up next to an orange looking stewardess (or steward) and is to embarresed to tell anyone.

And on a serious note, hope he is ok and just AWOL or such like.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. You expect them to wait?

Naive at all?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Normally a very safe city to wander around. Hope he turns up ok, once outside the main city the desert is very big and very hot this time of the year. If he has gone AWOL the UAE authorities will hand him back quick smart if they find him, if drunk a good kicking and then hand him back. If he's been snatched, a lot of routes South to Yemen through the east facing Emirtes and Oman, no real border security and many small ports. Never seen a policeman yet in those areas.

Come home soon fella.
  8. Quite common for matelots to be adrift in Dubai - normally due to, as already mentioned - BA or emirates crew parties, or Russian whores. I think the time he's been away could rule out the trapping a divs bird and having a hangover that would kill a civvy reason though. Hope he is OK.
  9. Has he nipped across to Iran to buy a dodgy suit?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Any news on this guy yet?
  11. RN just keep posting updates on facebook about candle lit vigils.

I assume that means no other news :???:
  12. Revenge mission... he wants his Ipod back maybe?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. This guy is still missing then. It's been a while now and that's obviously not good news.
  14. Things have gone quiet over here too. His family came out for a bit, but I don't think it brought anything new out.

I do hope he's AWOL and is hanging out the back of a cheap LBFM as I type, but...
  15. Unless of course he's attempting to beat the world record for hide and seek.

Seriously, it's safe to assume he's not gone AWOL and you'd expect any accidental nastiness that may have happened to have surfaced by now. Likewise, if he'd been kidnapped, we'd probably have heard by now. Though I'd happily be proven wrong, the only explanation that seems to add up is murder for non-political reasons.