Royal Navy commemorates Trafalgar Day

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Commemorates? Commemorates?! Celebrates, more like it. Death to the French!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

I remember when the RN celebrated the 200th anniversary of the battle, they had blue force and orange force during the re-enactment so as to avoid antagonising the French who'd been invited along to the celebration.

At the 100th Anniversary of El Alamein we'll no doubt have blue and orange forces to avoid upsetting the Germans and Italians.

4. Don't forget that there were a few Dago ships there too. At least there were before the battle kicked off!!!

I had a White Ensign flying outside my place on Sunday and didn't it look great too!
  5. "The Royal Navy's most important anniversary has been marked for the 207th year by a ceremony on board HMS Victory and a parade by cadets through Trafalgar Square".

Hadn't realised the redundancies had kicked in so soon. What next - elite cadet detachment guards Faslane?
  6. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Don't knock it the Sea Cadets are better at Drill than any formed body of Matelots. They really take it very seriously. In fact it would be easier to contract our national commitments to them to be honest.
  7. It please me that Matelots are crap at drill, after my part 2s aside from entering and leaving harbor, drill was a no no to me. Leave it to bill oddies and those boys from the RAF that throw their rifles around, seriously what is that all about, I thought you were meant to fire rifles, not throw them at the enemy.