Royal Navy amputee with just £16 a month Universal Credit told to ‘get a job’ by DWP

so the Ford / Volvo had gone ?
If you have the lowly 4.3 then yes you scratch away the Aston marking and you will find a Volvo key fob. In the revised 4.7 they changed it to this....
Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 21.58.18.png

Which is fun dropping it on the floor watching another chip in the cut glass end!
But even in my 4.7 you will find Volvo V40 wing mirrors, Ford Focus indicator/wiper stalks, heater vents and Volvo Sat-Nav!

If you have the lowly 4.3 then yes you scratch away the Aston marking and you will find a Volvo key fob. In the revised 4.7 they changed it to this....
View attachment 435535
Which is fun dropping it on the floor watching another chip in the cut glass end!
But even in my 4.7 you will find Volvo V40 wing mirrors, Ford Focus indicator/wiper stalks, heater vents and Volvo Sat-Nav!
Clarkson walt

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Wouldn't he have to be a scouser to be entitled to the keys to the outrage bus?
Well if he were a scouser he’d nick it.

View attachment 435535
just looked online-

its a keyfob to open the doors then pop it in a slot on the dash & by pushing it starts the car,

how wonderfully old fashion,

just looked online-

its a keyfob to open the doors then pop it in a slot on the dash & by pushing it starts the car,

how wonderfully old fashion,
Its actually a pain in the ass. Apart from Aston charge about £700 for a new one if you damage/lose it the car is actually easy to stall. So unlike a normal key, you have to take the thing out, then push back in again. Trust me, its not as quick as turning a normal key.

A couple of years ago, an old family friend of ours passed away leaving a son who wasn’t capable of sorting his admin out so I got involved and got him re-housed and on what he was entitled to benefits wise etc. Since then, I’ve been asked to get involved in several cases involving housing and benefits. In fact so far, I’ve been Involved in half a dozen cases of which half are resolved and the other three are still going on.

I’m not a professional advisor. It’s mainly because of my previous work on the local authority combined with my trade union work that I have some experience on the periphery of this kind of thing and I mainly have had to make phone calls, attend some meetings as a representative and write applications and some reports. I do it free gratis and it’s given me a basic understanding of how the system works at the moment.

The bloke isn’t on some sort of crusade saying he’s an ex steely eyed dealer of naval death and must be given due consideration because of that. He’s pointing out that despite his naval service, his occupational pension doesn’t cover his current liabilities and having just had his leg sawn off, he can’t do much about it at the moment.

He’s also coming to terms with the fact that for the rest of his life, he won’t be able to walk around without a very discernible limp.

Having added those two things up and then finding out that the social security system is not going to jump in anywhere near as fast as he thought it might do so, he’s a bit worried about his future.

Given his recent luck so far, even if he did have the means, he’d probably be sensible not to try having a flutter at his local bookies shop.

Provided he, or someone close to him keeps the pressure up on the local DWP people, he’ll end up ok but it’s going to take months, not weeks, to sort it out. That’s how it works these days and don’t forget the housing problems on top of that.

Although the authorities won’t admit it, the system is in my view designed to include significant delays to try and encourage claimants who might not be as actually bad off as they say they are to maybe go and get a job instead of hanging around for the DWP to pay them money.

In this instance publicised here, I’d be very surprised if he actually did ever work again. His disability and his age all go against him finding something suitable that he can slot into.

Once the assessors agree that’s the case and that shouldn’t take too long in this instance because it’s already been mentioned in the report in the link, he will be moved onto longer term UC where he won’t be told to go and get a job.

As far as I’m aware, his pension will be taken into account when they calculate what UC he will be entitled to but the PIP element shouldn’t be affected by it. In fact he might find that the PIP element increases now because of his sudden recent loss of weight.

It should go without saying really but when you are facing the kind of financial pressures and housing difficulties this guy is and ill health is a factor and you don’t have a pot to piss in, stress is usually a significant part of your life and it can go on for many months.

Many on here will know a thing or two about that kind of stress. I hope this guy gets his problems resolved ASAP and is able to get into a sustainable and worthwhile situation where he can once again feel safe and comfortable while he gets on with coming to terms with his disability and enjoying his life again.

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Seeing as how amputees (amongst others 'differently abled') manage very well at being Olympic athletes, why is disability such a bar to him finding some kind of employment?
Precisely a nice desk job for instance.
I mean look at @dingerr he bashes away at a keyboard like nobody’s business and he’s got hardly anything left of his original self.

Precisely a nice desk job for instance.
I mean look at @dingerr he bashes away at a keyboard like nobody’s business and he’s got hardly anything left of his original self.
he headbutts the keys

He uses nose for normal
His c**k for cap's,
I dredding to think what he uses when posting attachments :D

Latest Threads