Royal Navy Advert

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Letterwritingman, Sep 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have now seen four times the splendid advert for the Medics of the Royal Navy and how they might well find themselves employed. Jolly good stuff one has to concede. I do however have one point that vexes me, small though it is; in the light of the announced MoD cutbacks how exactly do we propose to get them there?

Answers on a vote ballot for a civil service pay rise!!!

2. In the new Merlin helicopter, if that too if not axed!!

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Bizarre!

4. Well V..theres no boats left................ 8)

5. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

We'll get 'em in on the Chinook Mk3 of course! :lol:

Oh how we laughed when the civil servants botched the avionics jobs and specified kit that was too big to fit the cockpit, forgot to specify checks in the contract to make sure it worked, forgot to put any software milestones in place so it worked, and gave us a wokka that will be 7 years late in it's ISD and instead of doing the SF task it was supposed to can only be flown above 500 feet in perfect visibility during trial flights. How many millions of my hard-earned went down the drain on that one again? No don't tell me, I'll only cry.

6. "Half the money spent on advertising is wasted. The secret is knowing which half." -Sam Goldwyn

I think that the Royal Navy ads are really good. But then, of course, they are not rying to recruit westwinger.

7. Apropos of nothing, one of my bros was one of *them* during the Argie stuff and appeared in similar ads around then, worth a slab of beer so he tells me (don't believe him as he Was in the Andrew) {he's the one in the plod now} [This Summerfield Cognac is good at £11.75 per bottle] +++

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

There must be one left, my other half is sat on it in the middle of the Indian Ocean!

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

The RN ads are good, the drug interdiction one showing a few years ago was particularly impressive and if not the fact that all matelots take it facing the wall I'd have dashed of an application forthwith..

The Army ones are OK IMHO but pale next to the RN.

10. Esp in the multiplex (the ads not wall facing)

11. From what I hear most Matelots face the pillows..................... :wink: