Royal Naval Reserve Intelligence Branch now recruiting

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by HMS_FERRET_RECRUITMENT, Sep 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HMS FERRET is the parent unit for the RNR Intelligence Branch. We are currently recruiting, and would welcome any currently serving TA, or ex-TA who meet our requirments, and who are looking for a change of career.

Our next assessment weekend is due to be held on 14/15 November. If you are interested in potentially coming across, then please get in touch via PM.

Some basic information about the unit is below.

HMS FERRET is the Royal Naval Reserves (RNR) centre of excellence for the provision of trained intelligence personnel to conduct Naval and military intelligence roles on exercise and operations across the world.?

We are currently seeking to expand our numbers, particularly at Sgt level and below. If you are currently in the TA, and affected by the recent changes in force structure, and are considering your future options, then why not consider a transfer to the RNR?

Transferring to the unit provides an opportunity to join one of the most important branches in the RNR, and one that is in constant demand to provide individual augmentees to deploy on operations. If you are keen to deploy, and are seeking to work in a land environment conducting highly sensitive and challenging work which can have a real impact then why not get in touch?

Entry Policy
    You must be a sole UK national, and willing to undergo the Developed Vetting Process.

Assessment Policy
    Some potential entrants with prior experience in the J2 world may be able to transfer directly. We would expect that the majority of entrants may need to sit an assessment weekend to confirm if they meet the requirements for the branch.

Transfer process
    At the moment transferring services is handled via JPA. If you are interested in coming over, then DO NOT LEAVE THE TA! If you resign then it becomes significantly more complicated to put you into the system.

The Navalisation Process[/b]
    If you come across, then we would expect you to maintain your equivalent rank (i.e. Sgt becomes Petty Officer, Corporal becomes Leading Seaman). There will be a need to undergo some 'navalisation training' to teach you RN methods of drill and uniform, but this will be determined on a case by case basis. You may also need to take an RN medical to determine that you meet RN medical requirements (please no 'golden rivet jokes here - they're very dull after a while!)

Training Requirements
    If you join FERRET, then you will be able to attend drill nights at your local Reserve unit (13 units across the UK). To obtain bounty, you will be required to conduct 24 days training per year - at least 12 days operational training on courses or exercise, and up to `12 days in support of wider RNR training or activities. The bulk of branch training is done at regular weekends in Portsmouth, known as MERWEX weekends - these are held monthly throughout the year.

Is this a Wah?
    No! The individuals manning this account are long standing ARRSE members, and the COs are aware of identities. This is a genuine post.

The most common FAQs can be found at this link on Rumration -
    Please feel free to post any general questions here though.

If you are interested then please don't hesitate to get in touch via PM - all applications will be handled on a strictly confidential basis. We will not make any contact with your parent units until you are at a point where you have been found eligible for entry to the RNR Intelligence Branch, and you decide that you wish to transfer.
  2. Linky no worky! :wink:
  3. Where are the units? A mate of mine might be interested.
  4. Ferreter,

Pray what's the MTD ceiling in these difficult times ?

5. Don't do it FP!!!!

Come to the light blue side, you know it makes sense!

At the moment, the budgetry cuts have not hit the int sqns...
  6. But would he be suited for Intelligence work?

I suppose getting your mate to ask shows some level of initiative.
  7. I don't know whether he would to be honest. Just thought I'd send him the details, if I can't find out online whether HMS Ferret has sub units within driving distance then I don't suppose he'll do much better.

Do you know? Or are you just trying to be "clever?"
  8. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I thought about the light blue side...even sent the RAFR an e-mail via thier website asking about 7010 and 7006 sweet FA in response.

I might get round to ringing them up once work calms down a bit, but if they don't respond to the process they tell you to follow via the website then it doesn't bode well.

9. Just being clever, thanks.
  10. Ta. :)
  11. Are any rodneys needed?
  12. Is there any chutney involved?
  13. You can do your normal attendance at any of the RNR locations:

I doubt they would be keen on being described as "sub-units" of FERRET, though.
  14. RNVR =Gentlemen trying to be sailors
    RNR = Sailors trying to to be gentlemen
    RN = Neither trying to be both

Old one I know ;-)

ps Norn Iron people's local unit is HMS Caroline (the second oldest commissioned ship in the Navy, and the oldest afloat)