Royal Military Police

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by B_AND_T, Feb 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Do we need them anymore?

After all, most of us can read a map, do we need to be given directions?

Do we need to have a spotty 18 year old oik, in a stab vest, telling us that our vehicle pass is out of date?

Discuss!

2. What's the matter? Have you been nabbed by a spotty 18 year old for a minor motoring offence? :D

3. Yes we still need them.

They do a vital job that frees up others elsewhere.

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Bit early to be drinking!

5. You must have had a few with your first post! :wink: 8)

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Nope, although it's a tempting thought.

But back to thread, what do they actually do?

7. An expired car pass today, before you know it, you've raped pillaged and murdered an entire village... :roll:

8. AAAHHHH those were the days, Rape , Pillage, and then while suffering a massive hangover watch the Provost hang a few of your mates

9. Don't forget the stocks mit rotten vegatables for "Summary" dealings....

10. And No1 field punishment, chained to a wheel all day

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I pay good money for that in Hamburg!

12. Yes there is a need for RMP especially in JHQ when someone has parked in the NAAFI carpark and they have parked in two parking arears you can rely on the RMP to bounce them within 2 minutes freeing up a parking space, a job well done. My fondest memory of the RMP is pulling one over in his patrol car for having defective rear lights, and giving him a rifting. Also when a certain unit was having a fun day they replaced the number plate on a patrol car with a registration of MONKEY it went undiscovered for 3 days how observant. But seriously the RMP are actually only a branch of the AGC and should be called that, because clerks are always refered to as AGC because thats their Corps I think that the RMP really should be called AGC because that is also their Corps, and also have to wear a green beret. Perhaps Biscuits AB will then take the rise out of the RMP as well as Clerks.

13. Very good point, well argued. MT not busy then?

14. A bit off threadbut, I once got done by the USAF police at RAF Alconbury for speeding, in a ROADSWEEPER,

15. I was serving when we became part of the AGC, we were told that we were to wear the green beret and stable belt. The Provost Marshall at the time told them to fcuk right off, we were keeping our Red Cap and stable belt.