Royal medal query.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Has anyone spoken to @John G? He will be mortified that he can't add anything to his rack. Oh, Er, wait a minute..... do foreign service parachute badges count?

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
View attachment 397324

The heir to the throne the Order of the Bath (1) and several medals including what appeared to be Extraordinary Companion of the Order of Canada (2) the Queen's Coronation medal (3) the Silver Jubilee medal (4), a Diamond Jubilee medal (5) and the New Zealand forces decoration (6) Also seen was a medal for Long Service Good Conduct (7). He also wore two breast stars, for Order of the Garter (Knight) (8) and The Most Ancient and the Most Noble Order of the Thistle (Knight) (9) under his row of medals and ribbons
Just wondering who the bint with the other impressive rack is? That is a nice set I'd like to handle.

. . . . Gongs do not have the same significance for them, as apart from the campaign medals they are as much a diplomatic tool as anything else.
This "Diplomacy" of which you speak!

I understood there were/are other ways, of us expressing, using, "Diplomacy" ;) .

I thought the last visiting French dignitry(?) was met be a Guard-of-Honour comprised from the same Regiment that beat/embarrassed the French, the last time we went over there, looking for a fight ?! :) .

EDIT: I seem to remember that they were Inf, wearing in their caps/hats, white feather hackles "dipped in blood" ?!

Last edited:

I understood there were/are other ways, of us expressing, using, "Diplomacy" ;) .

I thought the last visiting French dignity, was met be a Guard-of-Honour comprised from the same Regiment that beat/embarrassed the French, the last time we went over there, looking for a fight ?! :) .
I recall we gave Sarkozy the 'honour' of addressing parliament. So he had to do it between two huge pictures. One of Trafalgar, the other of Waterloo!

View attachment 397324

The heir to the throne the Order of the Bath (1) and several medals including what appeared to be Extraordinary Companion of the Order of Canada (2) the Queen's Coronation medal (3) the Silver Jubilee medal (4), a Diamond Jubilee medal (5) and the New Zealand forces decoration (6) Also seen was a medal for Long Service Good Conduct (7). He also wore two breast stars, for Order of the Garter (Knight) (8) and The Most Ancient and the Most Noble Order of the Thistle (Knight) (9) under his row of medals and ribbons
To be honest I’m more impressed by Melania’s rack.

I'm surprised Tramp didn't invest him with the Most Noble Order Of Pussygrabbers while he was here. I wonder where he'd wear that?

I'm surprised Tramp didn't invest him with the Most Noble Order Of Pussygrabbers while he was here. I wonder where he'd wear that?
Well, Trump did give their top civillian award to Elvis Presley, despite him having the obvious disadvantage of being dead for more than 4 decades.

Well, Trump did give their top civillian award to Elvis Presley, despite him having the obvious disadvantage of being dead for more than 4 decades.
Obama did it for someone who was dead for 5 decades. Its seem common for a few presidents to award it posthumously.

I think the "Waterloo" room in Windsor or Buck Palace got renamed the "Music Room" for the visit of one french president.
As for the comment about the Guard of Honour for the French President, well this surely covers most Regts and Battalions of the RAC and Inf, with perhaps the exception of the RTR, Paras and Gurkha's

I think the "Waterloo" room in Windsor or Buck Palace got renamed the "Music Room" for the visit of one french president.
As for the comment about the Guard of Honour for the French President, well this surely covers most Regts and Battalions of the RAC and Inf, with perhaps the exception of the RTR, Paras and Gurkha's
Even so, the Duke of Boots was possibly pushing it a bit! Or in the case of the Grenadiers Guards, bearing in mind where they got their monika from. I remember His Grace the late Duke saying he was very proud that he won his MC fighting the Vichy French!

I thought the last visiting French dignitry(?) was met be a Guard-of-Honour comprised from the same Regiment that beat/embarrassed the French, the last time we went over there, looking for a fight ?! :) .

EDIT: I seem to remember that they were Inf, wearing in their caps/hats, white feather hackles "dipped in blood" ?!
The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers wear the red over white hackle,is that who you mean?
And was Andrew sporting para wings?