Royal Marines v Airsofters on Thames Tonight on approx 1815

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by johnnypaveway, Oct 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear God I hope the RM win!! :eek:

2. Are the RM using airsoft "weapons" or are they allowed to bring their own :threaten:

3. Are bayonet charges allowed?

4. What channel is 'Thames Tonight' on? No wah....

5. It will allow for the contentious statement by an airsofting walt (elsewhere on ARRSE) that "they (airsoftwalts) are more switched on than most squaddies" to be proven. Hopefully to the extent that many previously taken for granted digital and manual skills become history, and defecation can only take place after removing the airgun.

6. So is this only for people in the Thames area on 'Thames Tonight' as I can't find it in the TV listings

7. not a wah, itv local in the Thames Valley :D

8. Looks like youtube will be my best chance of catching it then. Cheers for the heads up though.

9. pppfft I only get London tonight here,stupid telly homs.

10. Will they be introduced to unarmed combat through the medium of getting nekid and fixing rollmats to the arms.

11. Sorry all, it was one of those School recruit type things, I was hoping for more like celebrity deathmatch! :D

12. I was hoping for a bit of 'conduct after capture',and the sight of 6 rollmatted up booties trying to make some airsofter's pregnant.

13. OK gents, spill the beans, how did it work out? Did any-one have an i-pod stolen?

14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Dumb marines, fancy climbing down to the level of these walts and giving them some kind of kudos.

15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Airsofters will probably win the firefight because they practice all the time, and it's a totally different environment to drills and exercises.

However, what is very different indeed, is what happens to guys who don't 'die' when you fire blanks at them. In my day, one popped them into a ditch when the DS wasn't looking and had a little chat (enemy after all). I'd say that there may be lots of broken Airsoft walts going home crying (if the cameras are out of sight for a bit).