Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Mar 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

11:00 - 11 March 2008

Hundreds of Royal Marines have been involved in a massive operation across uncharted Afghan territory attacking the Taliban.

More than 600 members of the Taunton-based 40 Commando fought alongside other troops in the area around Sapwan Kala in the Upper Sangin Valley of the Helmand Province, southern Afghanistan.

Under Operation Ghartse Dagger, British forces were responding to intelligence reports which suggested insurgents fleeing Musa Qal'eh after its fall at the end of last year had moved into the area to regroup after their defeat.
    More on the link
  2. ...into thinking they're even half as good as a regular infantry battalion?

Sorry, Royal. Couldn't resist. Not your fault, just a cr@ppy headline.
  3. what was the 'Trick'?
  4. I do believe I was in the OTC with a Dan Cheeseman.
    If its the same bloke then he's living up to his promise.
    Well Done regardless.
  6. crap headline though, a very tiny mention that there was a 'deception' and it actually wasnt mentioned in the rest of the story, this bit gets more of a mention:

Royal Marines Build Dental Clinic

it makes more mention of destroying the heroin factory.
    Surely the headline should have been something like:

Royal Marines destroy Taliban Heroin Factory

Royal Marines capture Taliban Territory
  7. Maybe the trick was that Royal wasn't wearing his favourite little black dress, stockings and heels for a change! 8O
  8. Perhaps a few magic tricks will lighten the taliban up, instead of troops, perhaps they should send David Copperfield
  9. ROYAL MARINES TRICK TALIBAN by becoming Nigerian 419 scammers ?
  10. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer making coins appear from behind their ears then sawing a woman in half.
  11. I thought I saw this report last week.....
  12. Party on, dudes!
  13. Can you imagine Bin Laden getting an email from a marine saying that he has won the Afghanistan lottery, all he needs to do is send his current address and contact details. Also if he could include his bank account details, his mothers maiden name, favourite colour and name of his first pet
  14. now youve gone and blown the CIAs next op!
  15. does anyone think that a Taliban agent is possibly a member of this forum?