Royal Marines: The Green Berets

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Faustic, Jun 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all.
    Just been told by a friend that back in 2002 there was a series on ITV known as "Royal Marines: The Green Berets". Apparently it was similar to the more recent (2007) Commando: On the Front Line, which I thoroughly enjoyed watching.

I heard it was repeated on ITV in 2008.

Was just wondering if any of you knew of internet links to view it? I've searched google and youtube but no resutls; though a google search shows a few sites that say when the programs were broadcast.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Faustic 8)

2. But Royal Marines berets are blue...Commando qualified Royal Marines on the other hand...

I'll get my coat..

3. I wouldn't bother someones just shat in your pocket

4. Nope - though I notice in the description the series that I am referring to is mentioned ("Green Beret").

Thanks for your help :)

5. I think I know the one you mean, I think it was a BBC documentary series though. If it is this one, it showed both the RM Commando recruits course and the All Arms Commando course.

I can't find a video, but here is the book about the series.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0563369817/?tag=armrumser-21

6. All of a sudden I have this urge to put on a scratchy wool tube hat, douse myself in filthy river water, shiver uncontrollably, treat my extremities for various minor infections then sit down to a nice Devon cream tea

7. I think you're talking about the right series - it may have been BBC i don't know. Thanks for the link to the book, will have a read of that :)

8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Ah! The Hugh McManners book.
    I hate the fact that he still looks the same age as he did when I served with him in the 70s.