Royal Marines Seize Tanker

Court decision in Gibralter likely to allow the release of Grace 1 today. Unsure at this stage what (if any) guarantees Iran has given about the destination of its cargo:
The Iranian tanker Grace 1 will likely be allowed to leave Gibraltar following a court decision which is due on Thursday, a source told Reuters.

A court in Gibraltar will on Thursday decide whether to extend the detention of the ship which was seized on June 4.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
A pity the Spanish did not do their duty and seize the tanker when it was in their waters.

Court decision in Gibralter likely to allow the release of Grace 1 today. Unsure at this stage what (if any) guarantees Iran has given about the destination of its cargo:
A pity the Spanish did not do their duty and seize the tanker when it was in their waters.
Yep, sounds like this isn't going as originally planned. No legal case brought, so perhaps, by not intervening, the Spanish were the smarter operators in this incident?

'Gibraltar drops legal proceedings against the crew of an Iranian supertanker detained since 4 July.'

The US is attempting to seize it

I wonder what additional evidence the USA has on the Grace 1?:p

Same story, from Fox

Seized Iran tanker to be released in Gibraltar
  • 3 minutes ago
A seized Iranian tanker held in Gibraltar is to be released, the local supreme court has ruled, despite a last-minute plea by the US authorities.
Gibraltar received formal written assurances from Iran that the ship would not discharge its cargo in Syria.
Grace 1, carrying Iranian oil, was stopped by Royal Marines on 4 July, triggering a standoff with Tehran.
Gibraltar's chief justice, Anthony Dudley, said no US application was currently before the court.

Seized Iran tanker to be released in Gibraltar

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Gibraltar official statement released.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Iran reflags and insures its tanker after Panama withdrew theirs and provides the assurances requested weeks ago on 13/08/2019. Two days later it’s released by the Gibraltarian Court.

Whether Iran complies with the assurance and what happens to the US request remains to be seen

Good luck Crash
Seconded. I’ve exchanged PMs with @Crash, so aware of his health issues. A shame to see such a considered, intelligent and experienced contributor leaving the site.
If you happen to be lurking, all the very best for the future.

endure

GCM
Oh, by the way this is my last post. I’m closing my account down after about 10 years. I don’t have the energy to fight stupid all the time; my medical conditions are not improving and I found myself reading posts at 0200. Not healthy.

Insh’allah, I will enjoy my large pension, enjoy my consulting (when I’m up to it) and take pleasure from writing papers on intelligence-based campaigns. I won’t miss twattish islamaphobes and racists like @RoyalGreenJacket who trigger at the mention of Islam or Muslim. I will miss @stacker1 and his contributions (he’s either softened or I have, as increasingly I agree with his comments). Iyi kurban Bayramlar.

All the best Crash.

Oh, by the way this is my last post. I’m closing my account down after about 10 years. I don’t have the energy to fight stupid all the time; my medical conditions are not improving and I found myself reading posts at 0200. Not healthy.

Insh’allah, I will enjoy my large pension, enjoy my consulting (when I’m up to it) and take pleasure from writing papers on intelligence-based campaigns. I won’t miss twattish islamaphobes and racists like @RoyalGreenJacket who trigger at the mention of Islam or Muslim. I will miss @stacker1 and his contributions (he’s either softened or I have, as increasingly I agree with his comments). Iyi kurban Bayramlar.
Go Steady!

Latest Threads