Royal Marines Seize Tanker

Proving that revenge really is a dish best served cold, Marines of 42 Commando, acting on a request from the Royal Gibraltar Police, have seized a tanker full of Iranian crude oil thought to be destined for Syria- in breach of an EU trade ban!
Apparently Iran are furious.
Gibraltar Seizes Syria-Bound Tanker Thought to Be Carrying Iranian Oil

In other, and I’m sure completely unrelated news, pop chanteuse Joss Stone has been expelled from Iran. Lucky she didn’t end up relieved of her ipod and dressed in a horrid shiny suit.

ugly

LE
Thats taking proffing to a new level!
Rehearsals in the channel earlier last month?

Proving that revenge really is a dish best served cold, Marines of 42 Commando, acting on a request from the Royal Gibraltar Police, have seized a tanker full of Iranian crude oil thought to be destined for Syria- in breach of an EU trade ban!
Apparently Iran are furious.
Gibraltar Seizes Syria-Bound Tanker Thought to Be Carrying Iranian Oil

In other, and I’m sure completely unrelated news, pop chanteuse Joss Stone has been expelled from Iran. Lucky she didn’t end up relieved of her ipod and dressed in a horrid shiny suit.
Amusing to note how delusional the Spanish are.

Thats taking proffing to a new level!
Rehearsals in the channel earlier last month?
All simply rehearsals for this years Sods Opera.... Pirates of Penzance.

At least Royal didn't try invading Spain. Again.

Yokel

LE
Was the tanker hoping to get through unnoticed? How did the Bootnecks insert? Small craft I presume? Their own or the RN Gibraltar Squadron? I imagine we will find out.

Gibraltar Squadron | Royal Navy

Quite happy to be told how thick I am, but (and I have an A level in Geography) isn't Iran only an Iraq away from Syria and Gib, sort of, very far away in the wrong direction?

Quite happy to be told how thick I am, but (and I have an A level in Geography) isn't Iran only an Iraq away from Syria and Gib, sort of, very far away in the wrong direction?
The tanker was over the Suezmax scaling so had to go round the Cape.

To expand on it however, PanaMax and SuezMax are terms used in NavArch to describe vessels designed to be of a size to get the maximum displacement, dimensions and cargo capacity while still fitting through the waterways described. So, Panama and Suez Canals.

Anything bigger often gets called Capesize, meaning it has to transit around one of the two capes.

Last edited:

Riga

War Hero
Would they not have to have been flown out from UK? Are there not other Commando who do interdiction? and not one of the 'regular' Commando?

Last edited:
They went the long way round to fool the West....appears it didnt work.

Yokel

LE
Is a Troop of Bootnecks able to provide its own boats or did someone else, such as the RNGS?

Wildcat/Lynx10

It seems you are right. So did the Wildcat self deploy, get flown there by the RAF, or come from a nearby warship/RFA?

All this is bread and butter stuff to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines. Day in, day out, all over the World.

Last edited:
Is a Troop of Bootnecks able to provide its own boats or did someone else, such as the RNGS?

It seems you are right. All this is bread and butter stuff to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines. Day in, day out, all over the World.
Who'd have thunk it eh? :p

That chap sure posts some good photos.

They went the long way round to fool the West....appears it didnt work.
Thank you both.

Grim, theres a Julian and Sandy joke somewhere in there I'm sure.

Clearly they don't sell enough on ebay to work out the shipping costs before you list an item.

Probably being thick but what authority do we have to seize a panama flagged singapore owned tanker carrying iranian oil to syria?

Probably being thick but what authority do we have to seize a panama flagged singapore owned tanker carrying iranian oil to syria?

Maybe I am thick too but in the first para:

"a violation of European Union sanctions against Syria."

Perhaps you didn't open the article?

Latest Threads