Royal Marines recruitment videos.

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by Nehustan, Nov 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I've been hunting through the assorted recruitment videos as there was one I needed to see. It had a reference to mental states being as a 'blanket' i.e. 'it's a state of mind'. Very frustrating as I thought it was generally released but perhaps not. Does it ring any bells?

2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I remember when I was about 9 and in the juniors at my primary school prior to going to prep. As I recall it was a cold January morning the year of the death the year of the death of my father. We all exited into the cold morning air for the morning break, and rather than engage in activity as usual I slouched back into a corner and watched the other children. As I sat the cold began to creep into my bones and I began to shiver a little and thought how cold I was becoming from lack of activity. A voice, recognisably mature echoed within my mind, noticeably different to my internal dialogue 'Why are you cold?' I replied as if it was a person 'Because it's freeeezing, it's January...duhhh'. The voice simply replied 'But why are YOU cold' again I replied 'It's January, there's frost on the ground, it's windy, I'm not moving, it's cold, so I'm cold'. The voice continued 'But why ARE you cold?' now a little irritated as the voice I replied 'Look I'm cold, that's it, leave me alone'. The voice warmly replied 'Can you feel the wind?' I confirmed 'Of course I can feel the wind, it's one of the reasons I'm cold'. Again the voice replied 'But why would the wind make you cold?' now becoming more irritated I replied 'because that is what the wind does'. Again the voice ventured 'Does the wind have a texture?'. I pondered this as the wind blew against my face, and thought...actually it does, it really does...the voice continued...'can you describe it?'. I thought about it but was unable to categorise just what the wind felt like, I could imagine the face of the personage to whom the voice belonged, it bore a large warm smile...'let me ask you young Leo, does the texture of the wind feel like a blanket?' I was stunned it did feel precisely like a blanket, somehow fluffy on my skin, I replied 'yes, yes, it DOES feel like a blanket' the voice replied 'In that case you should not feel cold Leo, you should feel warm' and do you know...immediately I did.

A few months later my father died.

A few years later I learnt that the Holy Spirit descends as a wind, and that Raphael is the archangel that rules the wheel and beast with the face of a man; air; element of intellect and knowledge. I believe that day I was visited by Raphael, that for the coming months he visited me and through the knowledge I had protected me from the deep pain of the death of my father. In effect I was figuratively protected from the cold, wrapped in the blanket of every lesson my father had taught me, literally the most beautiful man I ever knew.

So while knowledge brings strength to the arm, it's also a state of mind.

Thank you for that video Senior Service; one day I hope to see it again. I remember our meeting on the devils highway, and our Gladio exercise in Europe. XXX

3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

4. A three year conversation with yourself is a surefire way to end up with a chlorpromazine prescription.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Thanks for the concern, but tears down my face and section 2 is so 1992. It's my way of saying thank you instead of posting in this thread. I had thought of making a pancake, but refuse currently for it to be maroon; cadet regimental pride. X

(Edited to add. Bermondsey...now moved to Southfields...I have call for that lid...I want it sat on my desk (whichever and wherever that tasking is) until I go to and while I am in Mexico...then maybe if and when I get back some of you will decide I can wear it.)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  6. By the looks of it someone has tried good liquid acid for the first time

• Like Like x 3
  7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I'll have to claim the 5th. Call me Oliver.