Royal Marines Involved in shooting at Quantico Virginia???

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by 8256Mick, Mar 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard it on BBC breakfast news.....
    Surely not!?

2. Huffington Post Reports.

Quantico Shooting: 3 Dead, Including Gunman, On Marine Base In Virginia
    Posted: 03/22/2013 2:03 am EDT

FOLLOW: Military, Quantico Marine Base, AP, Marines, Quantico, Quantico Shooting, Gun Violence, Crime News
    A shooting incident late Thursday on Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia claimed the lives of three people, The Associated Press reported.

According to Marine Corps spokesman 1st Lt. Agustin Solivan, the suspected gunman barricaded himself inside the barrack of the Officer Candidate School campus.

Authorities entered the building early Friday and found the suspect dead. He died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Solivan said.

The names of the two shooting victims were not released; however, Solivan said they were both Marines. The suspect, also a Marine, was believed to have served as a staff member on the base. A motive for the attack is not known at this time.

The incident prompted a base-wide lockdown. On the Quantico Facebook page, base residents were ordered to remain inside with doors locked, and to follow all instructions being delivered over the public address system.

The base lockdown was lifted just before 3 a.m. on Friday.

john

3. how did u jump to the conclusion it was RM?

4. Maybe it was me (too early in the morning after beers on a school night) or whatever - but I'm sure the BBC news bint said the casualties were RM.
    Sorry if the error was mine and caused anyone undue grief etc

5. fair doooze. am hungover too. just prepare to be bundled by booties with roll mats

6. There is a permanent SSgt Royal Marines exchange post at the Officer Candidate School. He's the PTI

7. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Colour Sgt if you don't mind old boy.

8. Does he have to take his own mirror or do the Yanks supply one?
    Fixed rank error, gratis.