Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Marines Gucci Rebrand

They become 24 Engineer Regiment wearing dark blue berets or they get their P45's depending on the upcoming Defence Cuts Review.

Given that 24 is paid for by the RN, I doubt it.

Everything I've seen for FCF sees 24 and 29 as an integral part of it.

Why not just keep 3 Commando Brigade as it is then. It has worked well in its present form since 1961 in the Far East, Arctic and beyond.

Because it isn’t 1961, we only have the capability to deploy a company sized group amphibiously and this is a good way to get NATO to fund something which is new and shiny and looks good for Royal.

Because it isn’t 1961, we only have the capability to deploy a company sized group amphibiously and this is a good way to get NATO to fund something which is new and shiny and looks good for Royal.
I'm pretty sure we can fit more than a company on a LSD(A) and a LPD. I think that is self imposed limits.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure we can fit more than a company on a LSD(A) and a LPD. I think that is self imposed limits.

Beds ain’t the problem!

No, he told me that he has to the lose the green lid...... that was rumour control last month

Well, that’ll come as a surprise to quite a lot of people.

But that said, never under-estimate defence’s ability to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory...

Didn’t say we couldn’t get them to sea, we just can’t deploy mate. When I was at 42 on Cougar 13, the deployment was cancelled and we were all sent home 2 month early as we’d run out of money. We wanted to do an amphib assault to Djibouti and they wanted more money than pusser had back then. Rather than pay, pusser told us to pack our grips, took us off ship (I was on bulwark, though others were on one of the bays- I forget which) and flew us home 2 days later from Oman. K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that case why do they need a supporting Artillery, Engineer and Logistics Regiments. Prior to 1961 3 Commando Brigade had no supporting arms, consisting of only 40, 42 and 45 Commandos.

In that case why do they need a supporting Artillery, Engineer and Logistics Regiments. Prior to 1961 3 Commando Brigade had no supporting arms, consisting of only 40, 42 and 45 Commandos.

Because those Regiments can contribute to the FCF concept.

Without trawling through the whole thread I don't know if this from Level Peaks has been posted previously:

Latest Threads